This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Alan Mathison

Portrait

Post 2014.12.02 03:29

Help! I just Screwed Up a Courier Contract. :-(

Folks:

I have no idea what to do.

I mistakenly took a courier contract between point A to point B. It turns out that the cargo is 5km^3 larger than I can haul.

I apparently cannot split the cargo package up.

I have no idea what I can do, nor do I know the implications of hitting the fail button.

:-(
Alan Mathison
Proud EVE University Alumni
Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
<<

Candide Madullier

Portrait

Post 2014.12.02 03:42

Re: Help! I just Screwed Up a Courier Contract. :-(

How much collateral is on it? Is it all high sec? Someone might be able to help you move it if its not an obvious trap.
<<

Vukae Dhoul

Portrait

Post 2014.12.02 07:06

It's difficult to advise without knowing the size and collateral you paid. It might be a scam, for example. However, assuming it is not, a couple of possibilities:

1. Have you fitted all the cargo extenders you can? (this is the easiest if possible).

2. You could have it hauled for you (assuming it is not too big for anyone to haul, and is therefore a scam). Maybe try the RF in-game channel.

3. You could fail the contract, break open the package, and haul it in bits. You will lose your collateral, but you can set up an item exchange contract at the destination for the contents to the originator of the contract (for the cost of the collateral) and send an EVEmail explaining the mistake. If it was a legitimate shipment it is quite likely this would be acceptable (but is of course at the whim of the shipper).
<<

Alan Mathison

Portrait

Post 2014.12.02 14:26

Guys:

Thanks!

No, this wasn't a scam. This was me misreading my own hauling capacity and getting a contract bigger than I should have.

I minimized the loss by Red Frogging it to the destination and then delivering it from there. Intead of a MCr21 loss it was "only" a MCr5 loss.

Valuable lessons: Use the search parameters in the "Available Contract" dialog box and include your max hauling capacity!

Thanks for responding, guys!
Alan Mathison
Proud EVE University Alumni
Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
<<

Jem Aideron

Portrait

Post 2015.08.09 04:02

If the total volume of the package was something that could conceivably fit into a T1 industrial of some type, I would say just get a different ship with a bigger capacity or train your racial industrial skill. It would be worth it to preserve your courier reputation and preventing a fail from showing up on your record. But it seems like the volume you took on was freighter-size, in which case you've got the largest cargohold you possibly can. I think you did the right thing by not failing it, if you are building up a career as a courier, and hiring red frog even if it ended up negating your profit in the end.
Image Image Image Image Image
<<

Jem Aideron

Portrait

Post 2015.08.09 18:51

Yes, I'm aware it's very late. However sometimes people with the same problem search the forum to see if the question has been asked before, so it's not a waste of time to post your opinion even on dead threads.
Image Image Image Image Image
<<

E Fyre

Portrait

Post 2016.06.02 06:56

Jem Aideron wrote:Yes, I'm aware it's very late. However sometimes people with the same problem search the forum to see if the question has been asked before, so it's not a waste of time to post your opinion even on dead threads.

I don't even do hauling, this isn't even a problem I have, but I clicked it to learn something, months after you posted, lol
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to Research, Production and Trade