E-UNI OOC Student Hauling Program

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Galen Dnari

Portrait

Post 2015.04.18 06:53

Re: E-UNI OOC Student Hauling Program

250K is actually pretty cheap. Red Frog appears to be charging 1.5 million plus 1 million per jump right now.
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2015.04.18 15:56

These days, 250k/jump is very cheap, so those looking to earn a competitive payout should certainly not rely on this program for their income. :) But this program doesn't provide continuous work, anyway, so it's doubtful that anybody would.

As mentioned in the past, the price is simply a compromise between those who want to ship for E-UNI and its students as a free service, and those who wish to make at least a little bit of isk for their effort. It used to be 50% of Red Frog rates. But as you've noticed, their rates have increased over the years following the general EVE market, while ours haven't.

It's also worth reminding that anybody may pay whatever rate they wish for their own contracts through this program. You may pay 100M/jump if you really want to make somebody's day. :) 250K/jump is simply E-UNI's standard rate when it creates its own contracts.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2015.11.25 02:50

E-UNI's standard rates have been increased for internal requests. We will now be paying out 400,000 isk per jump for up to Orca-sized contracts, and 800,000 isk per jump for freighter-sized contracts. The posts at the start of this thread have been updated with the new rates.

The freighter rates are still only about half those of common commercial enterprises, for all the previous reasons. They are just being updated to be more fair for the times, and to help out those who could use the extra isk. Other players using this system are free to pay out their own rates as always.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Zeerse Solaris

Portrait

Post 2015.11.25 13:25

probably worth a regular bump or reminder through main mailing lists as my alt has learnt to fly DSTs and Freighters recently and I was struggling to come up with justifying flying the freighter just for my own stuff.

If not for the post on the pricing I probably never would have found it.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
<<

Richard Marte

Portrait

Post 2015.11.25 14:56

Is there any way to tell for certain if a contract can be re-contracted before accepting it? Also, are these contracts generally all public contracts? If they are public then I'll just accept them with my alt, but if they can be limited to the Uni then I'll obviously need to re-contract and I won't want to accept a contract that can't be recontracted.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2015.11.25 19:09

Richard Marte wrote:Is there any way to tell for certain if a contract can be re-contracted before accepting it?

Sadly, no. (Unless someone has come up with a way? If so, then please let us know!) This is one reason we encourage public contracts, so that no subcontracting will be required. It is also why we encourage not using containers in the contracts.

This does bring to mind an age-old question of mine. Does anybody know what the popular commercial haulers do (e.g. Red Frog and Push-X) when they encounter a contract that has containers and thus cannot be subcontracted? I'm assuming they must accept the contract before discovering that it cannot be subcontracted.
ImageImageImage
<<

Richard Marte

Portrait

Post 2015.11.25 19:53

Turhan Bey wrote:Does anybody know what the popular commercial haulers do (e.g. Red Frog and Push-X) when they encounter a contract that has containers and thus cannot be subcontracted? I'm assuming they must accept the contract before discovering that it cannot be subcontracted.

I imagine they use two player accounts to trade the item.

This game mechanic is really broken. It is one of the reasons why I never do public hauling contracts, and also why the commercial haulers can charge so much. There is an overhead to hauling that volume helps compensate for.
<<

Pehuen

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2015.11.25 20:55

I did a lot of testing a while back, I forget but I think that Item Exchange contracts can handle some packaged goods that courier can not; just not a double package. So for some cases they can just do IE contracts to their alts.
<<

Jerrard Sortek

Portrait

Post 2015.11.26 21:21

Turhan Bey wrote:This does bring to mind an age-old question of mine. Does anybody know what the popular commercial haulers do (e.g. Red Frog and Push-X) when they encounter a contract that has containers and thus cannot be subcontracted? I'm assuming they must accept the contract before discovering that it cannot be subcontracted.

I did some quick research on this:
https://sites.google.com/site/redfrogrecruiting/prerequisites-for-pilots
Contracts are accepted by one character and then traded to the hauling character. I did not test this so I do not know for sure if there are restrictions to trading contracted packages.
Call me Jerry
<<

Daniel Souquel

Portrait

Post 2015.11.26 21:59

Turhan Bey wrote:This does bring to mind an age-old question of mine. Does anybody know what the popular commercial haulers do (e.g. Red Frog and Push-X) when they encounter a contract that has containers and thus cannot be subcontracted? I'm assuming they must accept the contract before discovering that it cannot be subcontracted.

Double-wrapped, or container-jobs have to be traded directly to the hauler, via the trade dialog... it's just an annoyance, but still not very welcome amongst the haulers, since you have to move your contracting-alt. That's why container-jobs are usually banned or have to be declared within the description... and so on.
<<

Richard Marte

Portrait

Post 2015.11.26 22:06

Daniel Souquel wrote:Double-wrapped, or container-jobs have to be traded directly to the hauler, via the trade dialog... it's just an annoyance, but still not very welcome amongst the haulers, since you have to move your contracting-alt. That's why container-jobs are usually banned or have to be declared within the description... and so on.

I'd suggest just making that an outright rule - that containers must be declared in the description. Then nobody gets burned/etc if one turns up and it messes up plans and they end up having to break the contract.
<<

Jeff Kione

Portrait

Post 2015.11.26 22:13

Daniel Souquel wrote:

Double-wrapped, or container-jobs have to be traded directly to the hauler, via the trade dialog... it's just an annoyance, but still not very welcome amongst the haulers, since you have to move your contracting-alt. That's why container-jobs are usually banned or have to be declared within the description... and so on.

Yep, this is why. It's also why it's super highly recommended by the commercial haulers to have your hauler and contract character on separate accounts. I'm sure these commercial haulers had senior people that could help trade if it happened to someone with both on the same account, but better to be safe than sorry.

Although I saw somewhere that you could do offline trades with your alts? It was a TIL on Reddit I think. Never tried it, though, because I'm never in a station...
<<

Daniel Souquel

Portrait

Post 2015.11.26 22:18

Jeff Kione wrote:Although I saw somewhere that you could do offline trades with your alts? It was a TIL on Reddit I think. Never tried it, though, because I'm never in a station...

Don't think that this is an intended mechanic, if it even works... would have to do a little research on that though.

Edit: the only thing i could dig up on that (offline trading on the same account), was jettison the container in space on a safespot... i.e. not really an option, even if you're desperate
<<

Jeff Kione

Portrait

Post 2015.11.27 03:58

Daniel Souquel wrote:
Jeff Kione wrote:Although I saw somewhere that you could do offline trades with your alts? It was a TIL on Reddit I think. Never tried it, though, because I'm never in a station...

Don't think that this is an intended mechanic, if it even works... would have to do a little research on that though.

Edit: the only thing i could dig up on that (offline trading on the same account), was jettison the container in space on a safespot... i.e. not really an option, even if you're desperate

I seem to recall someone saying it somewhere but I can't seem to replicate it at all, so..
<<

Jerrard Sortek

Portrait

Post 2015.11.28 08:46

Turhan Bey wrote:E-UNI's standard rates have been increased for internal requests. We will now be paying out 400,000 isk per jump for up to Orca-sized contracts, and 800,000 isk per jump for freighter-sized contracts. The posts at the start of this thread have been updated with the new rates.

I just joined this mailing list. The welcome mail still says:
Hauling.E-UNI welcome mail wrote:- Official E-UNI Logistics contracts will pay 250K/jump; students may charge what they wish but be fair.
Call me Jerry
PreviousNext

Return to Research, Production and Trade