This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2014.05.18 20:13

E-UNI OOC Student Hauling Program

The EVE Univeristy OOC Student Hauling Program is a simple method for those looking to assist in hauling items for E-UNI, both for the corporation/alliance itself and for students, and for those who need hauling jobs completed. It is a completely volunteer-run program, with a focus on helpful students being able to complete basic hauling jobs on their alts, even during wartime.

To participate, simply join the "Hauling.E-UNI" mailing list in-game. Courier contracts will be posted there for participants to accept, and students are also welcome to post their own contracts.

Rules
1. The mailing list is open to the public, for convenience. Students may join it on their hauler alts, and often do.

2. New contracts may be posted by current Ivy League Alliance members only. (This includes E-UNI and HALL.) Posts by non-Ivy players will result in being banned from the mailing list.

3. Scams, intentional misleading, contracts impossible to the general public, et. al. are strictly prohibited. Violation of this rule is also a violation of general EVE University rules.

To Find a Contract
1. Simply join the mailing list and read the posts. Contracts will be linked within.

2. Click on the contract link to verify its conditions, and to see if it is still available.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2014.05.18 20:13

Re: E-UNI OOC Student Hauling Program

To Post a Contract
1. Create a courier contract:

- The contract is encouraged to be a PUBLIC contract, but this is for convenience and not strictly required. A public contract will allow people to accept it on their alts without needing to log into their E-UNI character and subcontract it.

- Official E-UNI contracts will pay 400,000 isk per jump for up to Orca-sized contracts, and 800,000 isk per jump for freighter-sized contracts. Student contracts are free to pay whatever they wish, but are encouraged to provide a fair rate, if not the official rate. It is less than half of common commercial rates, but still enough to encourage haulers to accept the job.

- The payment should assume a fully hisec route if one is available. You may need to pay more to encourage people to haul through dangerous space, but it's up to you.
2. Make a post to the mailing list that includes a link to your courier contract, its starting location, and its ending location.

3. If any of the following applies to your courier contract, then it must be stated in the post:

- If the contract is 20,000 m3 or greater in volume, then it must be stated that an Orca may be required. (Yes, a handful of industrials can reach that size, but it's not easy for newer players.)

- If the contract is 60,000 m3 or greater in volume, then it must be stated that a freighter may be required. (A semi-tanked Orca may not be able to handle this volume.)

- If the route must travel through lowsec or nullsec, i.e. there are no possible hisec-only routes, then that fact must be stated.
4. Additional details may optionally be listed in the post as well:

- Actual volume.
    - Number of jumps.
    - Payment, total and per jump.
    - Expiration.
    - Collateral required.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2014.05.18 20:14

Frequently Asked Questions and Also Answers

Q: Will I always need collateral?
A: Most of the time, yes. It is far too risky to create a courier contract without proper collateral, because it would provide a method for super-easy theft. But it's totally up to the contract creator. All official contracts from the Logistics Division will require collateral of approximately the common market value of the goods being hauled.

Q: Will this program replace campus hauling programs?
A: No, specialized hauling programs created by some of the remote campuses will continue because, well, they are specialized. If you need things hauled to a campus and if that campus has its own special hauling program, then you will have a much better chance at getting your items hauled by using their program instead of this one. (If it helps, then think of this program as mostly a "Trade Hub / HQ Hauling Program", or something that students may use to get a bit of gear moved around during wartime, etc.)

Q: Is there any advantage to making the contract non-public vs public?
A: If you make the contract out to EVE University, then only current E-UNI students or staff may accept it. The main advantage is that you are ensuring that someone in E-UNI is getting paid for the job instead of a random EVE player. But doing so may make it more difficult or take longer to find a hauler (e.g. some players spend more time on their alts), and it may also be inconvenient for those who wish to subcontract the job.

Q: What is this I hear about not using containers in a courier contract?
A: It is recommended that you do not use any containers, but it isn't against the rules. The reason is that if someone wishes to subcontract the job, then the actual items being hauled will be impervious to scanning due to "double-wrapping". Some haulers will not wish to do this, and thus will not accept your job. But other haulers don't care.

Q: Do we need to pay 400K/800K/jump for our own contracts?
A: Nope. That value was chosen as a compromise for official Logistics Division jobs, where many students offer to haul things for us for free. It is simply halfway between free and the (earlier) standard commercial rate for major courier services. It keeps things fair, while also (slightly) discouraging public haulers from accepting the contracts because they don't pay very much. Students may pay any value they wish when creating personal contracts. Keep in mind that the lower you pay, the fewer people may be willing to accept your contract, and vice-versa.

Q: Can I get stuff hauled for my alt or my friend?
A: Certainly. The rule is that the contract creator must be an Ivy League member, to avoid public abuse of the program, but items can always be traded to your E-UNI or HALL character and then he/she can create the courier contract.

----

Additional questions, comments, etc. may be posted to this thread.
ImageImageImage
<<

Adrian Airwaymaster

Portrait

Post 2014.05.18 21:20

A new challange for my hauler alts!

ImageImageImageImageImage

(Retired) LSC Logistics Officer

saepe visae, sed non audierunt
<<

Zharkalwe Raholan

Portrait

Post 2014.05.18 21:53

This is good. possibly my hauling alt will be able to make some isk, rather than costing isk
<<

Ryu Kazuhira (Biomassed 2018.04.30)

Portrait

Post 2014.05.18 22:26

I created a hauler alt and have actually done more station trading with him than hauling :D

This might give me a chance to actually use the skills I initially set him up with!
<<

Marcus Marinus

Portrait

Post 2014.05.18 22:50

I just signed my hauler alt up for this! :D
<<

Isidur Beansoup

Portrait

Post 2014.05.19 05:53

Hi,

joined this with my alt. 12 Day Training left to a blocade runner / T2 Industrial.

This is a good motivation to practice flying with this things ( and other industrials).
<<

Minima Al-thur

Portrait

Post 2014.05.19 16:28

I also signed up my hauling Alt for this :)
<<

David Mandrake

Portrait

Post 2014.05.19 22:29

I've put my alt up :D

Two questions, my alt hauls with an Orca; so is it possible to haul contracted assembled ships in it? Or do they have to be traded/item exchanged. Because I'd love to help unistas move their ships rather than have them lose them to war targets.

Also, is there a way to accept contracts beyond the current region? I'd hate to fly all the way up to where the contracts are only to lose out on getting them.
<<

GeeSix

Portrait

Post 2014.05.19 23:40

Ok, so there's something for my alt to do?

Can I accept the contract with my E-Uni toon and then subcontract it to my alt?
<<

Drakken Keisterbane

Portrait

Post 2014.05.19 23:52

GeeSix wrote:Ok, so there's something for my alt to do?

Can I accept the contract with my E-Uni toon and then subcontract it to my alt?

Sure. Should be recommended that these be subcontracted to OOC alts if possible, especially during war.
Personnel Officer | Reimbursement Officer | AMC Member | Solidude | Incursion Runner

ImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2014.05.20 00:40

David Mandrake wrote:...my alt hauls with an Orca; so is it possible to haul contracted assembled ships in it?

If I remember courier contract mechanics correctly, then anything that is inside of a courier contract is essentially considered a "volume of generic goods", whether it contains a packaged or an assembled ship. So the only thing that will affect you as a hauler is the size of the package, i.e. the ship will have a much larger volume if it is not packaged. But if your hauling ship can hold that volume, then it won't matter to you if it's packaged or not.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this, though. :)

The important consideration with Orcas is that because a contracted ship is considered generic goods, you may not stash it in your Ship Maintenance Bay. So even if someone assembles a frigate and makes a courier contract out of it, you must still haul it in your regular cargo hold (or your Corp Hangar). To be able to use your Ship Maintenance Bay to haul ships, someone will need to trade it to you, and it must also be assembled. In short, it must be a ship and not a courier contract package.

David Mandrake wrote:Also, is there a way to accept contracts beyond the current region? I'd hate to fly all the way up to where the contracts are only to lose out on getting them.

Unfortunately no, the game restricts accepting public courier contracts to only one's current region. The best way that I've found to handle this is to fly to just within the contract's source region in a fast ship (e.g. a shuttle or an interceptor). If it is still available, then I can accept it, and then fly back to my hauling ship and switch over.
ImageImageImage
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2014.05.20 00:48

GeeSix wrote:Can I accept the contract with my E-Uni toon and then subcontract it to my alt?

Certainly, though if the contract is a public contract then it would be easier to simply accept it directly on your alt. But yeah, nothing is stopping you from creating a courier contract that contains a courier contract package. Nor from creating another courier contract with that courier contract package that itself contains a courier contract package. Nor from creating a courier contract with that courier contract package...

It allows one to use a not-at-war alt as well as making a package unscannable. I used to call it "safety through the use of contractception". 8)

But these days, some people see the non-scannable property as a downside because some gankers will attempt to kill you on the assumption that if you're hiding something then it will likely be valuable.
ImageImageImage
<<

Pehuen

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2014.05.20 00:58

Turhan Bey wrote:Q: Will I always need collateral?
A: Most of the time, yes. It is far too risky to create a courier contract without proper collateral, because it would provide a method for super-easy theft. But it's totally up to the contract creator. All official contracts from the Logistics Division will require collateral of approximately the common market value of the goods being hauled.

You should never create Public courier contracts with out collateral. There's essentially no consequences for breaking a courier contract other than the collateral.

Turhan Bey wrote:Q: What is this I hear about not using containers in a courier contract?
A: It is recommended that you do not use any containers, but it isn't against the rules. The reason is that if someone wishes to subcontract the job, then the actual items being hauled will be impervious to scanning due to "double-wrapping". Some haulers will not wish to do this, and thus will not accept your job. But other haulers don't care.

1st wrap on a courier contract makes it un-scannable; you don't need assembled goods in there. The issue with assembled containers (ships included) is that they make it impossible to re-contract. I'll do some testing and get some screenshots that better explain this.

What I do with my alt is just create Item Exchange contracts; the 10k per contract is insignificant if you're getting paid 250k per jump.
Next

Return to Research, Production and Trade