Seeking industrial activity in a group setting.

For questions about manufacturing and trading.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
Malusin

Seeking industrial activity in a group setting.

Post by Malusin »

I joined Eve University to learn about and get involved in industry (not basic mining).
I was under the impression there was a lot of corporate activity dealing in manufacturing , research, etc.
I am very interested in the economic side of Eve and would like to work with other players in this regard.
I have contacted the industrial dept of Eve-uni with no reply.
Does this activity exist in a group setting in Eve-uni or am I better off looking for another corp?
Thank you
Dr Jekyl l

Re: Seeking industrial activity in a group setting.

Post by Dr Jekyl l »

Well people buy and sell things on the University's Discord channel quite often, but the actual process of making stuff in a group setting is pretty much limited to the Production Department as far as I am aware. E-Uni does have extensive BPO libraries that industrialists can copy (which does help.) My apologies that I can not give you any other options for industry, alas my industry is limited to the 'buy all' button. Hopefully one of the more industry savvy people can pop by to suggest other things.
ImageImage
Arkady Marten

Re: Seeking industrial activity in a group setting.

Post by Arkady Marten »

I'm a member of the Production Department. The actual manufacturing / researching / etc. is very much a solo activity, even in a group setting like ours. We coordinate through (what else! lol) spreadsheets, which automates a lot of the what / how much / when. And because it is so well automated, we don't actually (need to) interact with each other on a daily basis much. Nevertheless, I for one like the feeling of being part of a group all working on stuff that then gets used by the rest of the Uni community!
  • If you're looking to get into manufacturing / research / invention and have specific questions, for example about how to decide what to manufacture, the uni-market-and-industry channel on Discord is a great place to post those. There are many knowledgeable players active in there.
  • If you're interested in the Production Department, feel free to DM either Ariea Thellare or Wilhelm Neko. As far as I know, recruitment is usually kept open, as we can always use another dedicated pair of hands covered in grease.
  • Perhaps also post in uni-market-and-industry just a general message saying that you're interested in industry and would like to team up with somebody. Maybe there are other players who are also just getting started. The nature of manufacturing in Eve, where you can build everything you need for an end-product independently and where there is a functioning market for most stuff, means people can and tend to get into this as a solo activity. But I'd imagine collaborating with others to build some big thing together could also be fun!
  • For interaction with other players, feel free to also just hop on Mumble and join any of the campus chat rooms, e.g. HSC or AMC. Sometimes there's a lot of chatter, sometimes not, always depends on who's online. But it might satisfy a need for community while you're working on your industry conglomerate on the side and maybe also give you ideas for additional activities to do in Eve!