Sell or Reprocess?

For questions about manufacturing and trading.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
Emil Sanni

Sell or Reprocess?

Post by Emil Sanni »

All the stuff that clutter up the hangar after looting missionings. What to do with it? Some modules are priced ok or even interesting to put on a ship, but much of this stuff seems to be just worthless. So if I would reprocess it; what skills are involved (I checked the text about reprocessing and that seems to be just about astroids/minerals not breaking up modules)? And would i get a better yield in one of the UNI:s player owned structures?
Ernesto Guevarti
Title: Sophomore

Re: Sell or Reprocess?

Post by Ernesto Guevarti »

It's hidden away in the middle of Reprocessing#Scrapmetal_Processing
basically it's just the Scrapmetal Processing skill, and does not benefit from any structure bonuses towards refining, so I believe the max yield is 55%.
CCP Fozzie wrote:Killing dumb people is like 1/3 of EVE's gameplay
Daniel Wittaker wrote:You could have a bright career ahead of you in Goonforums. That's some upvote-quality Helldump posting. Well done, sir.
Emil Sanni

Post by Emil Sanni »

Thx, I read it three times and still obviously didn´t understand 🤦‍♂️
Arin Mara

Post by Arin Mara »

An excellent question! :)

After a long day of Salvaging, doing Missions and Exploring I transfer my items to the High Security Campus in Amygnon, the Seat of University, and go bother the ever vigilant Buyback Officers by making a Contract. The Officers will then buy the items from you and give you a lump sum of ISK. :)

The High Security Campus Buyback is unique because:
* it has a 5% tax rate, the lowest Buyback tax among all the Campuses
* uses the Contract rather then the Sheet system

The Contract system has one down side: you have to split the group's profits yourself. However, that's nothing compared to the upsides:
* daily rather then weekly payout (with "thank you" and "please" you can even make them pay out within an hour :P)
* no fiddling with email addresses
* no registration
* no waiting to be approved
* no fearing you will be removed from the system due to inactivity

I don't suggest reprocessing Modules even with the most advanced skills.

If you'd like to know more, please, do ask :) If the Forum is a bit too slow to answer your questions, try a Discord channel :)
Ernesto Guevarti
Title: Sophomore

Post by Ernesto Guevarti »

Arin Mara wrote: 2021.03.17 15:57<snip, lots of good stuff>
I don't suggest reprocessing Modules even with the most advanced skills.
I'd disagree with this (to an extent), as there is a lot of drops that are almost completely worthless to sell (especially to buy orders, even in trade hubs) and would be worth far more converted to minerals even at 55%, but it really depends how you value your time (as you have to work out what to get reprocessed vs sell to buy-back).

(For most people it's just not worth the effort, but I expect at the scale that buy-back operates it probably is worth doing before shifting everything to the market, and there are tools that will help with the calculation).
CCP Fozzie wrote:Killing dumb people is like 1/3 of EVE's gameplay
Daniel Wittaker wrote:You could have a bright career ahead of you in Goonforums. That's some upvote-quality Helldump posting. Well done, sir.
Arin Mara

Post by Arin Mara »

Ernesto is absolutely correct! :)

I stated a rule of thumb, a suggestion that works for me about 98% of the time. The only time when reprocessing was worth it for me was when I failed to imbibe the Skill Accelerators: they reprocess into fuel :)