<<

Ariea Thellare

Portrait

Production Manager
Production Manager

Post 2018.06.22 14:13

profit per t2 item

Hey,
I made this(https://i.imgur.com/1pLSvXQ.png) sometime ago and always wanted to ask:
Is the math here more or less correct or did I forget some aspects?
SRP Officer | Graduate | Killboard Staff | Production Manager

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
<<

Erwin Madelung

Portrait

Post 2018.06.23 06:57

Re: profit per t2 item

I don't do T2 production but some thoughts on your latex:
Don't write "SCI = System Cost Index" but "$SCI$ = System Cost Index". This way "SCI" is treaded the same way like later in your formulas. Further, if you use "SCI" this basically means S times C times I. Use "\mathrm{SCI}" if you really want to name it that way. Better call it alpha or so.
Later you even write stuff out in the formulas. This makes the formulas even less readable. Again use "\mathrm{}" or better use real variables for them.
* is not the mathematical symbol for multication. It is used on a keyboard because it's easy to type. Use "\times" or "\cdot" depending on the style you prefer and context you are in. In this context best chose other variable names and don't use a symbol at all.

On the math:
Let me abbreviate success% with P. Then you have a term (1 + (1-P) / P ) this is the same as 1/P. Which should be the right term. If your probability is 1 you exacly want the price of 1 invention. If it's 1/2 you want the price of 2 inventions and so on.
But that term 1/P should be multiplied with the cost index and the tax too. So just write P into the denominator with the number of runs.

I haven't checked the other formulas in detail.
<<

Tal Tracyn

Portrait

Post 2018.07.07 16:20

You havn't factored in any structure bonuses which varies structure to structure.
<<

Jun Mikoto

Portrait

Post 2018.07.07 16:31

Not accounting T1 modules production is a mistake, the same mistake if you don't account self-mined minerals.

You have to calculate it with minimum sell-order/max buy-order price and/or with the actual production cost. Which leds to a recurrent calculation down to minerals/moon goo/pi. Factor in your haul time/cost.

Every step should make a little profit in isk or time.
<<

Tal Tracyn

Portrait

Post 2018.07.08 13:06

Return to Research, Production and Trade