This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2017.03.11 16:34

alpha hauling

Here's a simple little question which I could probably research on my own but I have a feeling that someone already has and knows the answer right away:

What is the largest hauling capacity achievable by an Alpha Clone? Please state the ship and fittings, skills required, and assume no fancy fittings or rigs (i.e. no navy, deadspace, or officer modules).
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Atrek Nhaz

Portrait

Post 2017.03.11 17:30

Re: alpha hauling

I know on mine i use the following fit for 33,543.9m3 space for a Caldari alpha character:
  Code:
[Tayra, Hauler Alpha]
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

Medium Shield Extender II
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I

Medium Cargohold Optimization I
Medium Cargohold Optimization II

est price: ~22.9 Million ISK in-game, http://evepraisal.com/e/16103505 ~22.18 Million ISK from Jita Pricing
EPH: 13,677 with everything online, 8,544 with the Adaptive Invulnerability Fields off.

I think I was able to fly it with the 250k Starter Skill Injector, main thing was Shield Upgrades IV for the shield tanking and Hull Upgrades 2/Mechanics 1 for the Expanded Cargoholds.
Atrek Nhaz
Incursions Community
<<

Breeze One

Portrait

Post 2017.03.11 20:12

I had a look into this a while back, and I think for size, the Bestower is the best bet - 36k m3 fully rigged, but you only get 3 mids to add shield tank, and its suboptimal as its an amour tanker by default. Tank is around 7k EHP with max Alpha skills. You can lower that to plug the EM hole...but that isn't going to save you.

Mammoth gets you a smaller 32k m3, but 4 mids for shield, and a better resist profile.

SPOILER WARNING!
[Bestower, Bestower fit]

Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Looking at Atrek's fit, it seems all 4 races are going to end up kinda around the same level - 30-36k m3, with varying levels of tissue paper for tank. The Tayra fit is probably the best combination of the two even if it isn't the largest overall.

The fit for max cargo on any of the bulk Industrials is just going to be: fill the lows with T2 Expanders, then 2x T2 Optimisations and 1x T1 Optimisations in the rigs, then whatever shield tank you can get into the mids.

For general use, the smaller T1 Industrials seem a better option for Alphas, as a more acceptable trade off between cargo and tank/agility
<<

Tiberius NoVegas

Portrait

Post 2017.06.06 12:58

Iteron Mark V is the best industrial you can get as far as cargo hold without going to a freighter.

Code:
[Iteron Mark V, Hauler Alpha]
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

Give you a cargo hold capacity of 33.980, but dont expect it to survive very long. a bit of a sitting duck if you get webbed or scrammed. fly safe.
Last edited by Tiberius NoVegas on 2017.06.07 11:30, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Breeze One

Portrait

Post 2017.06.06 13:20

Just FYI Tiberius, your fit doesn't work due to the rig calibration. You cant fit 3x Medium Cargo Optimization IIs, you have to go T1 for one of them. Iteron (like all the T1 Industrials) has 400 Calibration, and a Medium Cargo Optimiser II takes up 150 Calibration

Adjust your fit for that, and you'll find, as above, that the Bestower is still your best bet, with 35.86k m3 vs the Iteron's 33.98k m3
<<

HyperFlareX

Portrait

Post 2017.06.06 23:09

Do consider that training gallente hauler gives you access to all those specialized hulls, which are individually the best at their job.

<<

Tiberius NoVegas

Portrait

Post 2017.06.07 11:33

Breeze One wrote:Just FYI Tiberius, your fit doesn't work due to the rig calibration. You cant fit 3x Medium Cargo Optimization IIs, you have to go T1 for one of them. Iteron (like all the T1 Industrials) has 400 Calibration, and a Medium Cargo Optimiser II takes up 150 Calibration

Adjust your fit for that, and you'll find, as above, that the Bestower is still your best bet, with 35.86k m3 vs the Iteron's 33.98k m3

slight oversight, adjusted for calibration and changed numbers accordingly. but as mentioned the Gallante line up does give you the largest variety of industrial ships.
<<

Finno Issier

Portrait

Post 2017.08.21 01:15

What if we change the parameters to 20k+ m3 but max tank?

Return to Research, Production and Trade