Where to establish myself for trading and industry?

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Finno Issier

Portrait

Post 2017.08.21 01:25

Re: Where to establish myself for trading and industry?

It can be argued that "trading" is a pre-requisite to "industry". Buying stuff and re-selling it for more is already doable. Sometimes even if you get someone else to do the hauling for you (e.g. public hauler contracts). You should only build your own stuff if you can build it for cheaper than you can buy it.

Also, building stuff requires trading, as you need to source and haul all your materials to your build spot.
<<

BLACK FR

Portrait

Post 2017.08.27 20:58

Of course trade is pre-requisite of industry. Industry is just another way to "buy" item. It happens that is very profitable (and you basically can't buy those items other way).

But whole industry area is just another option of buying goods for sell. And it's almost always harder to sell than to buy.
<<

Devoros Vyndiver

Portrait

Post 2018.05.26 22:58

Reading this thread has been interesting and encouraging to continue to move forward with my own trade/industry goals. I still have a lot to study and reseach in these areas, but I'm ready to get something in the works.

It was a bit unfortunate that though I listed industry and mining as my major areas of interest, I ended up being issued by the mentor program a mentor that really didn't have much knowledge in either area. Though I did learn some pve and pvp stuff from him. And for that I'm still thankful.

But the Uni has a lot of very helpful people to ask any questions I may have. And look forward to getting more involved in trade and industry.
Retired Personnel Officer, Retired AMC Officer, Graduate

ImageImageImage ImageImageImage
Previous

Return to Research, Production and Trade