Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Silvestras Ramonas

Portrait

Post 2016.12.28 19:45

Low Sec Reaction POS

Hi all,

Been wanting to setup a low sec POS through my alt corp with the intention of profiting from polymer reactions. For those of you who do this, I have a few questions:

1. How likely will my POS be targeted in low sec? Would anchoring it in the LSC system (Uphallant) be safer?
2. How profitable are polymer reactions? Fuzzwork's site gives the impression you could make 1-2 billion/month with the more expensive polymer reactions.
3. Any other suggested tips or tricks for setting up a polymer reaction POS.

Thanks,
Silvestras
<<

Forseti Vali

Portrait

Post 2017.01.25 23:43

Re: Low Sec Reaction POS

Any POS in LS will bring attention. Depending on how you intend to do your reactions it usually leaves little to no fitting room for any kind of defense. So other than stront, you would have little to no defense. Also keep in mind that the Uni cannot form to defend your tower so if someone does choose to knock it down, you will have to let them. That being said, if you put it on a moon that has no valuable goo that someone wishes to mine, you should be relatively safe. Good luck with your endeavor!
<<

Paledan Safemal

Portrait

Post 2017.01.28 08:15

Re: Low Sec Reaction POS

Fuzzworks is a great site, but you want to manually check the calculations with average prices instead of what item X was worth last time the site pulled the info from the API.

Have you factored in fuel costs? Last time I checked Fuzzworks didn't, they had to be added.

Polymer reactions go through a lot of gas, so you have to make sure you either have a group of dedicated WH gas miners to buy from, or that you like hauling. Remember: this is an ISK-making venture, so all the time you spend on it has to be compared to how much ISK you'd be making if you were bearing. That means forming an estimate of how much m3 volume you'll be hauling in and out, and how long that will take you.

Regarding opposition, a polymer reaction tower isn't super valuable. It's not like a high-value moon mining operation, or even part of a moon reaction farm. So nobody will hit it to capture it from you, because they won't expect it to hold mad loot. Locals wanting to teach your alt corp who's boss will have no compunction taking it down if they're bored and have nothing better to do, however.

TLDR: it's probably profitable, but make sure you read the fine print below the "make 1b a month per tower for no effort" title in the sales brochure.

Return to Research, Production and Trade