Travelling to an Unfriendly Faction's Station

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Xue Oy

Portrait

Member
Member

Post 2016.12.15 00:14

Travelling to an Unfriendly Faction's Station

Hello from a newbie!

I am not sure this is the right forum, please let me know if it is not.

In short, I am wondering whether a new character (all default standings) can safely and peacefully travelling to a highsec station owned by a faction in feud with the faction of the character's race (a Gallente go to a Caldary station or a Minmatar go to a Amarr station), dock, then go travel back safely? What factor can help or make it worse (ship used? standing with the person in the station?)?

I did some searching and found conflicting information. EVE Online support article and EVE Uni's own wiki article say that have -5 standing (which is by default a character have against the feuding faction) will cause that faction's Navy will shot the character on sight. However, I also found posting about ships docks in enemy faction's station. So how it works actually?

Thank you.
<<

Marius Labo

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2016.12.15 01:14

Re: Travelling to an Unfriendly Faction's Station

If you are in Factional Warfare, you won't be able to use NPC stations in any enemy faction's FW space (which is in lowsec), and this space changes with the tides of Factional Warfare.

If you are not in Factional Warfare you'll not have any problems docking in any NPC station.

If you have faction standings of -5 or below that faction's navy will start to chase you. You can avoid them as long as you don't linger, etc. You end up with very negative standings with a faction from shooting their ships in missions or sites, committing crimes against their pilots (by this I mean taking aggressive action against player pilots who are in an NPC corp, such as suicide ganking), and by becoming involved in Factional Warfare.
<<

Xue Oy

Portrait

Member
Member

Post 2016.12.15 16:47

Re: Travelling to an Unfriendly Faction's Station

Marius Labo wrote:If you are not in Factional Warfare you'll not have any problems docking in any NPC station.

If you have faction standings of -5 or below that faction's navy will start to chase you. You can avoid them as long as you don't linger, etc.

Great! Thank you! So as long as I travel directly to the hisec station and immediately dock, my character will be fine, right? The faction's navy won't wait outside the station or something like that?

Marius Labo wrote:You end up with very negative standings with a faction from shooting their ships in missions or sites, committing crimes against their pilots (by this I mean taking aggressive action against player pilots who are in an NPC corp, such as suicide ganking), and by becoming involved in Factional Warfare.

Thanks! I guess that is something to think about regarding future of the characters.
<<

Marius Labo

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2016.12.15 21:27

Re: Travelling to an Unfriendly Faction's Station

Xue Oy wrote:So as long as I travel directly to the hisec station and immediately dock, my character will be fine, right? The faction's navy won't wait outside the station or something like that?

They can be there, but they are relatively slow to respond. If you're insta-docking and using insta-undocking you won't have any problems with faction navies. I have seen pilots with standings issues and/or in FW sometime linger too long and they either re-dock, or if they're sloppy, they'll get popped, which is very rare.

Again, if you're standings with an empire faction is -5.0 or below, this is when the navy of that faction will want to start to come after you. If you train up the skill Diplomacy this can often bring you above -5.0 standings if you are that low.
<<

Melkor Gengod

Portrait

Member
Member

Post 2016.12.16 02:08

Re: Travelling to an Unfriendly Faction's Station

Xue Oy wrote:Hello from a newbie!

I am not sure this is the right forum, please let me know if it is not.

In short, I am wondering whether a new character (all default standings) can safely and peacefully travelling to a highsec station owned by a faction in feud with the faction of the character's race (a Gallente go to a Caldary station or a Minmatar go to a Amarr station), dock, then go travel back safely? What factor can help or make it worse (ship used? standing with the person in the station?)?

I did some searching and found conflicting information. EVE Online support article and EVE Uni's own wiki article say that have -5 standing (which is by default a character have against the feuding faction) will cause that faction's Navy will shot the character on sight. However, I also found posting about ships docks in enemy faction's station. So how it works actually?

Thank you.


I think you may have misunderstood some of the articles you have read.
As a brand new character, you begin with 0 standings with the other factions
That drops to -5 for an opposing if you choose to fight for your faction in faction warfare. (In fact you can choose to fight for any faction, a caldari pilot can fight for Gallente against Caldari). This is purely by choice and a large proportion of players choose not to do it.
Your starting faction only affects 2 things. The region of space you first wake up in and the skill restriction you have at alpha clone status.

A word of caution however, you may start with no standings to npc factions, but if you choose to run missions for a faction, you standings with the opposing factions can drop.

And a second caution. Hisec isnt safe. It is safer. Subtle but important difference. People can still shoot you and ofter will in hisec. All hisec means is that if they shoot you, the space police with come and shoot them back. This is a punishment it wont save you, it just destroys thier ship. However if the ship they are flying is worth 1% of the cost of the ship you are flying, who is actually getting punished? Hisec is only safe if you take precautions and by clicking the undock button, you are consenting to pvp.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.as ... s&t=491023


Other than that, all characters are equal
Image

Return to Research, Production and Trade

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Powered by Dediserve