So what's up with the price of Tritanium?

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Drachs

Portrait

Post 2019.07.01 12:53

So what's up with the price of Tritanium?

Looks like Tritanium has been rising since end of may. Certainly is squeezing battleship production.

https://imgur.com/a/DAAZNRU

What's up with that? Anybody know why it's on the rise?
<<

Mike Kingswell

Portrait

Assistant Teaching Manager

Post 2019.07.01 13:03

Re: So what's up with the price of Tritanium?

Lot's of big battles in NULL with lots of big shops going BOOM.
Additionally in the last few days the uncertanties with the drivter invasions into null has been affecting the markets.
Image Image
<<

Drachs

Portrait

Post 2019.07.01 13:11

Do you know if T1 production always nearly profitless now adays or is this just an artifact of the recent tritanium jump? I used to do a lot of T1 production for cash but the margins I'm seeing are real bad. Just trying to figure out why all the producers seem to be producing for free.
<<

Ariea Thellare

Portrait

Production Manager
Production Manager

Post 2019.07.01 14:12

In the recent years t1 margins have never been particularly great. And with small margins such price increases can easily kill the profit.
But this can be somewhat help that when doing the industry in NSC to take advantage of nullsec rig bonuses
SRP Officer | Graduate | Killboard Staff | Production Manager

Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image

ImageImage
<<

Durnik Risalo

Portrait

Post 2019.07.01 16:11

Per https://imperium.news/drifter-invasion- ... -response/ (2019-June-29) :
The major power blocs will be forming a cartel to enact an embargo of raw materials into High Security space. Put simply, the NullSec power blocs will not be sending their jump freighters into Jita with the high end minerals and moongoo used by much of highsec production.
<<

Kyle Hargrove

Portrait

Fittings Manager
Fittings Manager

Post 2019.07.01 16:24

Does "high end minerals" include Trit, in your opinion? I thought they were only referring to more precious ores... Genuine question, since the market impacts are completely different between the two scenarios.
<<

Durnik Risalo

Portrait

Post 2019.07.01 16:37

If that question is to me, it doesn't matter what my opinion is -- only to the people doing the hauling. But, it seems to me that jump freighters would be used for all mineral/resource hauling -- not just low-end minerials.

In other words, I don't know why they would go to the trouble of only hauling low-end minerals to High Sec.
<<

Dexyr Sulvara

Portrait

Post 2019.07.01 22:45

I don't follow industry closely but from what I've read & heard the Excavator mining drones nerf in the Spring patch would have initially effected it (Spring Balance Update). Then also the latest development with major Nullsec blocs reaction to the drifters, as already stated. It will be interesting to see what comes of the latter.
<<

Drachs

Portrait

Post 2019.07.03 21:45

I've heard Mitanna talk about blockade of highsec and I'm very interested to see if he can pull it off. I kind of doubt he has that kind of control over his army. Goons aren't know for being overloyal or being the law and order type. I think if you end up with any kind of discrepancy between trade hub costs in Goonspace and Jita you'll see lots of material smuggled out of goonspace.

Even if he can keep a lid on his own alliance, any alliance that pays lip service to the embargo while secretly moving material to Jita to take advantage of the higher price will earn themselves a tidy sum. Not to mention he'd have to field his army to wipe out any alliance that publicly refuses to take part in the embargo, and it sounds like his army is pinned at home right now. Though such a sequence of events does speak to possible danger for Uni Nullsec ops.

I'd expect a raise in tritium to be a structural change, such as the previously mentioned Roqual nerf.
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2019.07.22 13:51

Kyle Hargrove wrote:Does "high end minerals" include Trit, in your opinion? I thought they were only referring to more precious ores... Genuine question, since the market impacts are completely different between the two scenarios.

Well, I guess most minerals transported from Null to Jita will be in the form of compressed ABC ores... and those also yield trit, when refined...
Less ABC into Jita, less minerals on market, mineral prices rise and sometime later the T1 product prices will adapt...
Otoh hisec mining for Veldspar might just have gotten a bit less uninteresting...

Zoltan
<<

Owain abArawn

Portrait

Post 2019.07.22 14:01

Miners rejoice.
<<

Drachs

Portrait

Post 2019.07.23 09:59

Tritanium prices are solid even in Verge Venal now! Buy orders up for near jita in Amy for tritanium and veldspar.

Return to Research, Production and Trade