This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2018.09.23 15:47

Re: Adrestia - Blueprint Access System

Just a reminder to those of you using this system: Remember to deliver your copy jobs to the Freshman Hangar, formerly known as the Alpha Hangar.

If you do not change the delivery location, then it will default to delivering the copies back to the Industry Hangar, and you do not have the permissions to take anything out of that hangar, not even your own copies. You do have permission to take blueprints from the floor of the Freshman Hangar, assuming that you have the Freshman title which is the pre-requisite for using this system.

Blueprints left on the Industry Hangar floor are held onto for awhile, so if you accidentally deliver to there, then just let me know. It may take awhile to get your blueprint back, though, depending upon my own free time. Unclaimed copies are just treated as donations; however, it is a terrible way to donate to E-UNI because we really don't need most of them and they will simply go unused or be given away at some point.

Maybe someday CCP will allow delivery to your personal hangar.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Tarco Kurvora

Portrait

Post 2018.11.25 18:57

Can we set up a dedicated "BPC output" hangar that is open to all, i.e. also pre-freshman members?

Background: I don't have the freshman title yet, and because of the 31 day rule, this will take me some more weeks - I'm quite new to the game. I understand why we can't give every new student access to the freshman hangar immediately, we don't want anything to get stolen, but afaik the industry hangar is thief-proof, so I think it would be relatively safe to give everybody access to that and a "BPC output" hangar until CCP allows delivering BPCs to a personal hangar. I currently can't even see the list of BPOs in the Industry hangar.
<<

Anna Iwaira

Portrait

Post 2018.11.25 21:21

you could ask someone with freshman to access the hangar and do that stuff for you :) people will usually be accommodating if they have spare slots
<<

Laura Karpinski

Portrait

Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post 2018.11.25 22:01

Tarco Kurvora wrote:Can we set up a dedicated "BPC output" hangar that is open to all, i.e. also pre-freshman members?

Unfortunately this is not really feasible.

The way hangar access is done in EVE requires the member to have a 'role' to define what they can access. If we were to give access to members prior to Freshman we would need to give each member that 'role', likely when they join.

This is some thing we could delegate to POs (if it's just one role, as opposed to a title), but it would be extra admin.

The freshman title is designed to be really easy for people to get, and really just screens out the people who stop playing immediately or never get involved in the corp. I know it's a bit of an Inconvenience to have to wait, but the alternative would be a lot of additional admin with minimal benefit.

(More info on how corp roles and titles work: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Managing ... on_members)
CEO of EVE University
Previous

Return to Research, Production and Trade