How to find a "rogue" Launchpad

For questions on nomming rocks and planetary interaction.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
Gryff Jones

How to find a "rogue" Launchpad

Post by Gryff Jones »

I have a planet where I have a 2nd Launchpad away from my main setup but there's never any product so I want to find it and see what's happening, but it looks like there are now other facilities attached.

How does one find a "rogue" launchpad?
I've rotated the planet around and can't see it anywhere, and it's nowhere near the Control Centre... and I can't find a menu or right-click option to find it :/
Dr Jekyl l

Re: How to find a "rogue" Launchpad

Post by Dr Jekyl l »

if you have a friend that uses the same planet you could ask them to look for it using 'Show other character's networks' if it is a planet that makes finding it via scrolling around difficult due to colors try looking for it while scanning for different commodities using a low/high resolution (whichever makes it easier), if it is linked to any of your other facilities you could look at them 'up close' to see if there is a link going off towards the middle of nowhere. Failing that I do not believe that there is a window (inside of the planetary industry view that will list and let you select structures individually.
Image Image
Dr Jekyl l

Post by Dr Jekyl l »

As a final resort to 'get rid' of your rogue launchpad, you could abandon the planet, and bring a new command center to start over from scratch (yes you would have to pay all of the start-up costs again.)
Image Image
Gryff Jones

Post by Gryff Jones »

Thank you - I'll try with different combinations of colours/scanning - unfortunately it is disconnected from the rest of the planet - hangover from another setup I suspect. Oh well, we live and (sometimes!) learn :-)