Extraction Optimisation (Optimization for you USTZ players)

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Guiliano Thellere

Portrait

Diplomacy Manager
Diplomacy Manager

Post 2018.06.19 14:24

Extraction Optimisation (Optimization for you USTZ players)

I'm currently extracting a boat load of P2's across a large number of planets to churn into p4's. With a setup of 6 Basic Factories (with CCU 5) I need to be extracting 18000 units minimum, of each raw material, per hour to fully fuel the 6 factories making the initial P1. However, its obviously not always possible to get out the required 18000 units even with shifting the heads about every 24 hours...

My question is this, if I cannot get the required units of raw material when I log in to reset the process going, is it better to;

1. reduce the time for that resource (which could mean one is pulling for 24 hours, whilst the other is pulling for say 10 hours) and ship the leftovers to market,
2. keep both extractors running at 24 hours but have one just pulling in less than required
3. another option?

Any feedback to get things running optimal would be greatly appreciated!
Head Diplomat

ImageImageImageImage
<<

Garrett Achasse

Portrait

Post 2018.06.21 14:37

Re: Extraction Optimisation (Optimization for you USTZ players)

If you set one to run for 10 hours, will you be logging in to reset it every 10 hours? If not, there is not advantage to setting the extraction for that short of a time.
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2018.06.22 09:02

Hi,

not quite sure about your setup - extracting 1 base and then 6 basic factories to P1 on site or sth else? You do buffer base mats into storage/launchpad, right?

Both fixes you mention are valid - you must know if you can log in every 10h to restart your extraction. And of course it will deplete even more.

As a real solution you could:

- find a better planet where the base material is more plentiful - or a better spot on the same planet (what are your planetology/adv. plan skills?)

- outsource the P1 production to a factory planet (this can be shared for multiple problem childs) and thus have more extractor heads and maybe a 2nd ECU.

Zoltan
<<

Guiliano Thellere

Portrait

Diplomacy Manager
Diplomacy Manager

Post 2018.06.22 09:19

The 10 hours was just an example number of hours if I had to reduce the cycle time of the extractor in order to reach the necessary 18K yield. My initial thoughts were what if one extractor was pulling in 18k p/h for 24 hours and the other 18k p/h but I could only get that at a lower number of hours...

Planetology skills are all maxed and yes, buffer storage is being used for each extractor. As the resources have been depleted for a few days to the point where I can't consistently extract the necessary amount, I have moved 4 of my planets to others with better yields.
Head Diplomat

ImageImageImageImage

Return to Mining & Planetary Interaction