p1 vs p2

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Lucius Kanjuson

Portrait

Post 2018.04.19 14:29

p1 vs p2

This has probably been asked before, so sorry if its a double post. I am skilling 2 alts for PI, and when I am done will be able to have 15 planets up to level 5 (or one short from the highest). I am wondering if its better to set up each planet for a single p1 product, or if I should set them up for a p2 product. I am setting up in high sec, if that matters. Also, I heard somewhere it was more advantageous to have 2 spaceports rather than 1 spaceport and one storage, and wanted to make sure that's right before investing in a second spaceport per planet. Thanks
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2018.04.19 18:17

Re: p1 vs p2

Hi,

first of all, it should be mentioned that extraction in hisec is ok for learning the ropes and maybe some money on the side, but it will not make you filthy rich.

An extraction to P2 planet is a fairly low maintenance solution but it will not be optimized for yield. With Command Center Ugrades 5 you can run two extractor control units with 4 heads each, a launchpad, 4 basic factories for one P1 and 4 for the other plus 2 Advanced factories for P2. Not sure if the extraction rate will suffice in hisec. But you just restart your extraction programs every 2 or 3 days and collect P2. You need to balance the extraction rate so you don't fill up your launchpad.

An alternative is to have just one ECU with 10 heads, 1 launchpad and 2 storage units and factories as above. This is nice and foolproof due to lots of buffer with the two storage units and even has more effective extractor heads (good in low yield hisec) but you need to find a place where you have access to both necessary base materials in good quantity, ideally without tearing down and rebuilding the ECU. You also have to run extraction programs for both base materials one at a time and make sure there is enough of each in storage. On the plus side you can wait with collecting your P2 until your launchpad is almost full.

If you want to optimize your income, you're probably better off with having extraction and P1 on each planet and build a dedicated factory planet to produce as high up as you want. The three easier P4s with only two P3 and one P1 can be produced one per hour from P1 to P4 on one planet, btw (1 launchpad, 2 storage units, 1 hi-tech factory, 2 adv. factories for each P3 and 4 adv. factories for each of the 4 P2).

I strongly recommend playing a bit with the colony simulator on http://evegadgets.com/#/pi to get a feeling for what is possible. The market part is unfortunately broken since quite some time due to evecentral being down - probably permanently.

Zoltan

Return to Mining & Planetary Interaction