Transfer commodities to a planet

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Owain abArawn

Portrait

Post 2018.04.04 02:25

Transfer commodities to a planet

I have been starting in PI, but some of the information is outdated. For example, I am told that when launching from a Planetary Command Center, I can find my cargo by checking the PI tab of my Journal, but that must have changed, since after checking various menus, I found it in the E menu under Business -> Planetary Colonies in the Launches tab.

Also, your PI materials shows how to get goods off a planet, either through a launch from the Command Center or from a launch pad to a customs office, but not how to get goods transferred to a planet.

For example, I have colony on one planet mining Toxic Metals. I have gotten a load of TM off that planet and I'm trying to transfer it to another planet for P1 production by combining it with another resource. I have accessed the Customs Office by dragging the commodity to the left hand pane in the Customs Office window. I highlight the commodity and press the transfer button, which seems logical, but i get a message, Select One Or More Commodities to Transfer.

So much for logic.

I tried to drag the item to the right hand pane unsuccessfully. I tried to drag the item back into my cargo hold, unsuccessfully.

Perhaps a clarification in your PI instructional materials on the use of the Customs House is in order, or any other information on how I can get a commodity from orbit transferred to the planet.

Edit: I tried once more to drag the item from the left hand pane of the Customs Office window to the right hand pane, and this time it worked. Is there a time delay that has to pass before I can do this, because it didn't seem to work on my initial attempts.

Not the fault of EvE University, but this is a very non intuitive interface.
<<

Fergus Echerie

Portrait

Assistant Campus Manager
Assistant Campus Manager

Post 2018.04.04 06:43

Re: Transfer commodities to a planet

Welcome to click, click, click, click aka PI.

You have to transfer from hold to left window, then move to right window, then click transfer :(
Image Image Image Image
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2018.04.04 13:08

to expand. the only way to get goods onto a planet is with the Player Owned Customers office (POCO) and a launch pad. opening the transfer window for the POCO when close to it (within 2500 m I think) and transfer from your hold to the left window. then select the launch pad for the right side of the window and drag from the left side of the window to the right side. then click on transfer
Image ImageImageImageImage
<<

Owain abArawn

Portrait

Post 2018.04.04 18:46

Yes, and I'm doing that again today, but after dragging the commodity into the POCO window left pane, it doesn't let me drag it into the right pane immediately.

Instead, I had to wait a couple of minutes, making the attempt every 10 seconds or so until the operation is permitted. Is this supposed to represent a delay of getting the commodity to the surface of the planet before transferring it to my launch pad? If so, then a timer countdown should be displayed.
<<

Owain abArawn

Portrait

Post 2018.04.04 18:53

Do you know what would be nice? A Star Trek voice interface where I could say, "Computer, transfer toxic metals from the hold to the Customs Office, and then to the surface. Begin production of Construction Blocks. Notify me when complete."

I could probably do that on my phone, but in EvE, although we have FTL travel, we can't automate PI.
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2018.04.04 19:01

I've only had a problem when trying to transfer down to 2 different launch pads too quickly. When I have different materials going to the same launch pad I move them all in then hit the transfer button.
Image ImageImageImageImage
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2018.04.05 15:34

Hi,

your question about planetary launches - yes, you can find the containers now under Hamburger Menu -> Business -> Planetary Colonies -> Launches Tab.
I am not sure if it still can be found under Journal.

Regarding exporting stuff from a planet or importing stuff to a planet the following rules apply:

- you can drag & drop from your cargo or planetary commodities hold to the left side of the POCO for free. Or vice versa.

- you can drag & drop from the left side to the right side of the POCO - if you then press the transfer button, the commodities will be exported or imported and you pay customs duties as shown in the lower left corner of the POCO window. The right side of the POCO window is actually your launchpad (you can choose from the dropdown in the upper right corner of the POCO window if you have multiple launchpads).

I'll see if I find time to do some work on the Colony Management wiki page which is some years out of date...

Zoltan
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2018.04.19 17:29

Hi,

I went over the Wiki page on Interplanetary Logistics and corrected and updated quite a bit. Due to the unfortunate cashing bug it might take a few days until my updated images will be shown...

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Colony_management#Interplanetary_Logistics

Zoltan

Return to Mining & Planetary Interaction