Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Malisar

Portrait

Post 2018.03.26 22:18

Question about High Sec POCO Taxes

Hi all,

I’ve created a hauler alt, which I’m also starting to use for PI in high-sec. Just want some passive income, I don’t expect to get rich from it.

Anyway - I setup colonies on some of the Amygnon planets just a few days ago doing P0 to P2 production. I have not exported anything yet and have a question regarding the POCO taxes outlined in this article https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Planetary_Interaction

It says there is -2% for +10 status and E-Uni. What exactly does this mean? Does it mean you pay 10% NPC tax and an additional 2% Uni tax? Or a 2% benefit, so 8% total? The wording and chart is a bit confusing to me.

On a related note, how can I get my alt to +10 with E-Uni?
<<

Atomsk Agittain

Portrait

Post 2018.03.26 22:40

Re: Question about High Sec POCO Taxes

If I am reading the wiki correctly those aren't minus signs, but bullet points. so Uni and +10 to uni have a 2% sales tax on top of the NPC tax.
  • for +10 and E-UNI 10% + 2% - (x%)
  • for +5 (blue to uni) 10% + 3.5% - (x%)
  • for Neutral 10% + 5% - (x%)
  • for -5 10% + 5% - (x%)
  • for -10 10% + 25% - (x%)
*where x is your customs code level
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2018.03.27 06:32

Hi,

Atomsks answer is correct except for a minor nomenclature issue - the fees paid at a customs office are not a sales tax but customs duties. The sales tax is deducted from the proceeds of any sale via a market (regardless of whether the market resides in an NPC or player structure) and is 2% minus 0.2% per level of the Accounting skill. Only contracts are exempt from sales tax, iirc.

I'm not sure if it is possible to get an alt to +10 with Uni. The official way would be to apply with the alt to the Ivy league Hall of Residence (https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Ivy_Leag ... _Residence) corp, but this is shown to me as +9.9 standings towards Uni... should anybody have evidence that this is the same as +10, please let us know.

Zoltan
<<

Guiliano Thellere

Portrait

Post 2018.03.27 10:33

Most, if not all the POCO's in Amy are now owned by Tal Tracyn and as per his Industry in HSC post offer the following...

Planetary Interaction
--------------------------
Planets 1-8 in amygnon have a tax rate to E Uni of 2%
Public tax rate is 7%
NPC tax is 10% and can be lowered with the Customs Code Expertise skill (That tax is out of my hands)
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Skills:T ... _Expertise

Training the CCE skill to 5 will reduce the NPX tax to 5%, giving a total of 7% to pay.

I am unsure if the Uni still owns any High Sec POCO's anywhere, so you may need to dig further on this one.

Also, if you contact Tal about your alt he will give them standings to receive the reduced tax rate also
Diplomat | Student Advocate | Mentor | Personell Officer (retired) | Orientatin Officer (retired)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

<<

Malisar

Portrait

Post 2018.03.27 12:05

Thanks, guys! Makes much more sense now.

I’ll contact Tal to see if he can add my alt.
<<

Laura Karpinski

Portrait

Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post 2018.03.27 13:01

Guiliano Thellere wrote:I am unsure if the Uni still owns any High Sec POCO's anywhere, so you may need to dig further on this one.

We still have a few from a long time ago, but IIRC they are mostly unused and not close to the campuses.
CEO of EVE University

Return to Mining & Planetary Interaction