Question about routing material from extractor to storage

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Peregrinus Zolt

Portrait

Post 2018.03.17 09:22

Question about routing material from extractor to storage

Hi Unistas, my PI alt is procucing T2 stuff in a LS-system. Its fairly running but despite all the good PI guides i have one (maybe noob) question left here:
If i set the linked extractor to produce T0-material, i will have to route it to the storage. If the extraction cycle is about 2-3 days, it will produce way more than the 3.000 units of T0-material in the first half-hour cycle. When i come to route the stuff the assistant will suggest to set up a route with way more than 3000 units, which seems to be good for only the 1st cycle. If i change the amount to 3000 it will display: 'xxxx units not routed!'
Q: If i only set that route, will the extractor 'collect' the total amount (within some cycles) and then send the total amount if units, OR will it send every cycle by itself, even being less than the nominal amount of units to be sent?

Maybe an example:

Cycle time set to 2 days, first cycle: 6.300 u, 2nd: 6.000 u, 3rd: 5.800 u and so on
My route is set to 12.000 units. What happens when the first cycle is done? Will it send 6.300 units or will it 'wait' to collect all of the 12.000 u (which is after 2nd cycle) before sending the stuff to the storage?

Is it better to just route 3.000 unites matching the need of the basic factory?
<<

Christoph Patrouette

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.03.17 14:32

Re: Question about routing material from extractor to storage

Peregrinus Zolt wrote:Q: If i only set that route, will the extractor 'collect' the total amount (within some cycles) and then send the total amount if units, OR will it send every cycle by itself, even being less than the nominal amount of units to be sent?

The latter. Everything that is produced in a cycle but not stored in either the storage of a factory, the landing pad or a designated storage facility, is lost. So you always have to take the suggested amount, it will guarantee you dont waste anything. Thats what the storage facilities are for - acting as a buffer for the high output in the beginning and then feeding things back in once extractions starts getting under consumption level.
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2018.03.21 13:30

Hi,

the ECU will send all the raw mats extracted during a 30 min cycle to storage at the end of the cycle. The amount suggested when routing from an ECU is sufficient for that at the peak of the program. If you change the amount of extractor heads so the amount extracted pe cycle changes, it might be a good idea to route again.

The storage unit or the launchpad you route the mats to serves as a buffer for excess raw materials at the start of the program and supplies extra raw mats ath the end of the program when the yield per cycle goes down.

And of course, always route from an ECU or a processor to storage, never from ECU/processot to another processor.

Zoltan
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2018.03.21 16:49

Everything gets moved from a ECU or factory at the end of the cycle to where ever it is routed too. if there isn't enough storage at the destination it is lost.

Therefore one of the best practices is to route from the Extractor to a Storage factility. from the storage facility to a basic factory, from the basic factory back to a storage facility, from the storage facility to an advanced factory and from there to a launch pad.
Image ImageImageImageImage

Return to Mining & Planetary Interaction