AMY Customs Offices

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Mantzikert Askold

Portrait

Post 2019.02.22 20:26

AMY Customs Offices

Back on February 6th, RIOT took out two of the customs offices in Amy. The replacements are charging 32% tax. I don't know if the replacements are associated with RIOT, but I don't think we should allow this in our HSC system. This is where people come to learn stuff, and getting ripped off if they try PI is not good.

Is there someone in charge of this, or should I just organise something locally to get them back?
<<

Archemide

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2019.02.22 21:04

Re: AMY Customs Offices

Mantzikert Askold wrote:Back on February 6th, RIOT took out two of the customs offices in Amy. The replacements are charging 32% tax. I don't know if the replacements are associated with RIOT, but I don't think we should allow this in our HSC system. This is where people come to learn stuff, and getting ripped off if they try PI is not good.

Is there someone in charge of this, or should I just organise something locally to get them back?

If you are looking to organize something, please note the Uni Rules of Engagement for structures, specifically:

Members may engage and destroy structures owned by corporations or alliances which are -5 or -10 to EVE University provided they have obtained permission in advance from a Director, a Diplomat or the campus manager of the area of space where the structure is based. Before seeking permission members should ensure they have a reasonable plan of attack in place. Members still need the approval of a Director before engaging a neutral structure.

I would recommend talking to HSC leadership (though someone from there will drop by this thread at some point I'm sure). They may have a plan in place, or may have some advice for you. It's also possible they're trying to handle this diplomatically. Either way, they're a good place to start.
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Director of Special Projects

Post 2019.02.22 22:28

Thanks for reaching out Mantzikert Askold

Ye Archemide prittie much hits the nail on the head , the thing I would like to add is if there where plans or no plans for such a thing we wouldn't be sharing them out publicly too soon and as this is high sec we would need to wardec the corp in question which we normally try to avoid where possible.

The price raise on them is rather high and if it was me I would boycott them for now and not give a penny. if it is for isk generation some of our other campus's wink wink whc can provide pi but I know that isn't really veesable for everyone I wouldn't want to have to travel in and out of another area for my PI if i am living in Amy.

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Events Manager, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
<<

Mantzikert Askold

Portrait

Post 2019.02.23 00:15

Can you buy POCOs?
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Post 2019.02.23 00:33

with poco's if you mean one's that are already in control by other players yes can buy from the owner and they then transfer it to the corp that is buying it.

sometimes people give them away for free , I have one out somewhere in the middle of nowhere on an alt corp that someone donated to me cause they wanted there alt corp to not be wardecable , I was fine with it cause that alt never undocks so wont effect my alt.

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Events Manager, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Senior Personnel Officer Graduate,

Return to Mining & Planetary Interaction