Best Blockade Runner for transporting PI materials?

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Cysin

Portrait

Post 2018.02.04 04:37

Best Blockade Runner for transporting PI materials?

It's been suggested that Blockade runners are ideal for transporting PI materials. Which of the four would be the most appropriate? Mostly for picking up from the customs office and transporting to market hubs.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Blockade_Runners
<<

Aren Dar

Portrait

Post 2018.02.04 11:51

Re: Best Blockade Runner for transporting PI materials?

Blockade Runners are not great at running PI - unless you are talking about taking the final high tier products to market - and often not even then. They are optimised for stealthy, fast movement, rather than cargo capacity.

The Prorator is the least worst of all of them - due to the number of low slots.

For running PI just use an Epithal - most of the time you will need the extra cargo space just to shuffle things around. For running stuff to market use an epithal with the cloak/mwd trick, a brick tanked DST or courier contract them when you have sufficient volume.
<<

K950

Portrait

Post 2018.02.04 23:48

The most you can get on a BR is roughly 11500m3, on average, which isn't worth it.

If you're collecting your PI in your system, use an Epithal like everyone else. Have a problem with CODE. spying your Epithal? Break out the 400-700k EHP DST.

To send it to market, use the same DST. Run a scout if you're hauling more than 1.5b or so.
<<

Rashar Arji

Portrait

Post 2018.02.05 08:02

Amarr has the best cago space, minmatarr the best align time, caldari has the best cargo with no mods (so if you fit something other than cargo expanders in the lows). Gallente is meh though it has the lowest weight so it might be worth if you intend to go for a fuel truck later on.
<<

Fergus Echerie

Portrait

Assistant Campus Manager
Assistant Campus Manager

Post 2018.02.05 11:19

Basically what the other guys said :D

BR is more for low volume/high value you need to get somewhere fast and mostly unseen.

All my PI is in SovNull and I only use an Epithal (based on the Uni fit) to collect P1 and move to P4 then collect P4 and take back to base. Use a DST to transport out anything I need to the Jump Freight station, BR simply not enough space to cope with the volume off stuff you'll regularly be moving around.
Image Image Image Image
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2018.02.06 12:45

Hi,

the Epithal is indeed a better idea due to volume issues with the BR and can be quite safe to fly through hostile space if used correctly - that is use the Nullsec/WH PI hauler fit from the Uni Wiki page (minus the probe launcher unless you are actually in a WH), create and use dock and undock bookmarks for any stations used (especially trade hubs) and learn to use cloak and MWD trick. Using a non-uni hauler char is also a good idea.

I use this daily for Jita runs and used to run through Black Rise for some months with high value cargo on a regular basis. Two losses occured - one strange glitch while docking off with very slow hotel internet and when the black screen finally vanished after more than a minute I was deep in structure and didn't get away and the other was quite frankly pilot error - if lowsec local is all flashy, one should cloak & MWD warp to a safe spot and sit cloaked and wait and not try to go to the POCOS regardless... I found a big fleet on one and was instantly multi-tackled - managed to get my stuff to the POCO before getting blown up but so did the POCO soon after - it was vulnerable and they had come to take it down...

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Epithal/Fittings

If you really want to go overboard one can also fit a an Occator with Cloak and MWD, some stabs and a massive tank - something along the lines of this old fit maybe - although I haven't yet tried it in game or pyfa. This gives additional security and a general purpose cargo space of a comparable size (3900 m³ cargo hold and 60000m³ hangar at Transport Ship 4).

https://chasingtheblack.wordpress.com/2 ... g-occator/

Zoltan
<<

Cysin

Portrait

Post 2018.02.06 17:28

Thanks for the insight everyone, I'll do research on these points.
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2018.02.06 23:24

Hi,

for what it's worth I have done the Occator Cloak and MWD fit in pyfa - looks fairly similar to the one shown in the article... maybe I should train that Gallente Indy 5 some time to actually test... or is there a way to do this on the test server (fly stuff you're nit yet trained for)?

Zoltan
<<

K950

Portrait

Post 2018.02.07 03:53

You use skill extractors to pull out SP which you then reinject into another char.

I don't think i have many injectors to spare, but you desire, I could probably wrangle a few. There's supposed to be another mirror sometime soon, so I'm not extracting my main or alt. But I do have a hauler with 1 injector in it that I can /copyships every 24h to get you an injector every 24h.
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2018.02.07 09:10

Hi,

thanks for the tips on Sisi - will try this. Getting into an Occator should take just two or three injectors for one of my PI chars, which I can extract from Zoltan for the time being. After all this will be reset after 14d with the copyskils command or a scheduled mirror (whatever comes earlier).

PS: Sisi will hopefully download its own copy of the client and not destroy the TQ client so one has huge downloads every time one changes server, right?

Zoltan
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2018.02.08 20:10

Hi,

just logged on to Sisi for the first time and found that the mirror must be ancient... at least i was fairly space poor again and what I might have in PI goods cannot be sold due to lack of demand...
So buying skill extractors is not an option for now... started training Gallente Indy 5 there and will wait...

Zoltan
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2018.03.02 21:59

Hi,

I had some time on Sisi tonight and luckily there was a fresh copy, so I am not space poor any more on there... and thus the shopping spree began...

The following Occator works nicely with Cloak and MWD with Lvl 5 in Gallente Indy, Industry, Spaceship Command, Navigation, Acceleration Control and Evasive Maneuvering. Has 48k EHP with my hauling alts not so great skills... and obviously 4 points of Warp core stabilization in case sb. manages to uncloak and point you... and an AB to get out of Bubblecamps.

If your skills are not good enough to get a clean warpoff after uncloaking, you can drop a Warp Core Stab and fit another Inertial Stab...

Zoltan

[Occator, Occator]
Damage Control II
Warp Core Stabilizer I
Warp Core Stabilizer I
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Improved Cloaking Device II

Medium Transverse Bulkhead II