P1 to P3 Factory Planet

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

DeanSherman

Portrait

Post 2017.08.05 19:24

P1 to P3 Factory Planet

I produce P3, extracting and P0->P1 production on 4 planets, and P1->P3 production on the fifth planet.

Example of extracting planet: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Setting_ ... ary_colony

Factory planet: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Colony_m ... ctories.29

I used this setup for a couple of months, before i realized that moving and loading PI materials from 4 P1 Planets to Factory Planet every two days became tedious. This setup has 1 launchpad on every extracting planet, total 4 launchpads, but only 2 launchpads on the factory planet. Limited space on the factory planet to load P1 products leads to 41 hours production cycle.

PI has some bottlenecks.
Launchpad - 10000 m3
Storage facility - 12000 m3
POCO - 35000 m3
Epithal - 50000+ m3
Epithal is not really bottleneck in my case, but it can be if you do something like P4 production.

Since I do PI at the same time of day, and 4 P3 factories are loaded for 40/48 hours in best case, i decided to remove 1 P3 factory, 4 P2 factories and add 2 storage facilities. Now i have 4 launchpads on extracting planets, 2 launchpads and 2 storage facilities on the factory planet. So I got this setup:

Gather P1 from extracting planets.
Load 22560 units of each P1 to POCO for 95 hours production cycle.
SPOILER WARNING!
22560*0.38=8572,8 m3
8572,8*4=34291,2 m3
34291,2<35000 fits in POCO
6 AIFs refine 240 units per hour
22560/240=94
+1 hour for last cycle of P3 production

Load 2 P1 products into launchpads, then do expedited transfers to storage facilities, then load 2 other P1 products into launchpads.

Example routes for Guidance Systems.

Left Launchpad - Chiral Structures(loaded last) - routed to 6 P2 AIFs on the left
Left Storage facility - Plasmoids(loaded first) - routed to 6 P2 AIFs on the left
Right Storage facility - Reactive Metals(loaded first) - routed to 6 P2 AIFs on the right
Right Launchpad - Water(loaded last) - routed to 6 P2 AIFs on the right

6 P2 AIFs on the left produce Transmitter, routed to 3 P3 AIFs in the center
6 P2 AIFs on the right produce Water-Cooled CPU, routed to 3 P3 AIFs in the center
3 P3 AIFs in the center produce Guidance Systems, routed to left Launchpad

This setup works with Command Center Upgrades III skill.
Extracting planets have 6 basic factories each, so 24 P1 BIFs feed 12 P2 AIFs, 12 P2 AIFs feed 3 P3 AIFs.
P1 products are moved from 4 launchpads to 2 launchpads and 2 storage facilities. 2 + 2 = 4, right?
It fits, it makes sense.

I was going to post setup for Command Center Upgrades IV skill, but i'm not happy with it.
Extracting planets have 8 basic factories each, so i want 16 P2 and 4 P3 AIFs, but i can not add 2 storage facilities to factory planet, not enough powergrid. I can just add 1 storage, but it leads to more complicated routes and loading. If i remove 2 P2 AIFs and add 2 storages, then 1 P3 factory works with half load. Well, it is fine for me, it is just not so perfect as with CCU III.
Last edited by DeanSherman on 2017.08.07 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
<<

DeanSherman

Portrait

Post 2017.08.05 19:25

Re: P1 to P3 Factory Planet

Reserved.
<<

Andrew Nightshade

Portrait

Post 2017.08.07 14:17

I haven't maximized my setup for efficiency completely, but my approach is different. I only export P2's from my feeder planets. They can accumulate in the launch pads for 2 weeks with no real issues. Then I have 1, P3 production planet that produces all but 1 of the P3's. (I have a hybrid planet for all of the P2's that require importing that produces those P2's and and 1 P3 - nuclear reactors.) I'll take some time later today and reproduce my plan to give you an idea. I will say that my P2 producers do NOT put out enough to keep the P3 planet running 23/7 but I make everything. If you specialize some of the designs you can really pump up the profits. I'll try to figure out how to post some pictures of my layouts to give you an idea.

--Nightshade
It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2017.08.07 15:04

This set-up is kind of what I have on my factory planets, however I include one high tech factory as well and then set everything up to go P1 to p4. I can make between 0.5 and 1 p4 per hour per planet depending on what I am producing.
Image ImageImageImageImage
<<

Fergus Echerie

Portrait

Post 2017.08.19 08:54

Interested in whether you find this more efficient?

I'm a few days away from one toon at CCV and 2 at CCIV and want to try and have a good setup from the start. I currently run exactly what you started with (4 extract and 1 factory)

Return to Mining & Planetary Interaction