Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Fergus Echerie

Portrait

Post 2017.07.06 13:15

Fuel Block Production

Hi All,

Am toying with the idea of trying to start making Fuel Blocks as might start looking into POS/Upwell in the future.

I have a PI alt with lvl IV PI Skills but cannot work out whether its possible/sensible to try and generate all the PI I would need given I can only run 5 lvl IV planets and need (Coolant, Enriched Uranium, Mechanical Parts, Oxygen, Robotics). Which is a fairly long list of P0:

Ionic Solutions
Aqueous Liquids
Noble Metals
Heavy Metals
Base Metals
Non-CS Crystals

I've played around with http://evegadgets.com/#/pi and cannot get anywhere sensible, best I managed was a min 74hr run to produce very little.

I realise Ice Mining will also be required and thats fine.

Has anyone tried this before, I'm getting to the point of thinking I'll need to buy/import something to make it more feasible but not sure what, or not even bother until I get level V?

Thanks
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2017.07.06 13:46

Re: Fuel Block Production

Personally here's what I recommend. (PI setup)

1 planet (Storm or Gas) doing P0 to P2 production of Coolant (extract Aqueous Liquids and Ionic Solutions and trun them into Coolant)

1 planet (Plasma) making Enriched Uranium same setup as above extract P0 and turn it into P2 (Noble Metals and Heavy Metals)

1 planet making Mechanical Parts (Plasma or Barren) P0 to P2 setup again

1 planet making Robotics. Since you don't need many robotics this planet would be a P0 to P2 planet for Consumer electronics with 1 extra advanced Factory for Robotics (lava or Plasma planet) you would import some of the mechanical parts from the above setup to make robotics. (P3)

1 planet extracting Oxygen (a simple extraction planet, sell off the extra)

I don't produce fuel blocks all the time and the bottle neck is ice for me. I tend to do a 150 runs of my blueprint when I need to which produces 10,000 fuel blocks for the AMC. this takes less then 24 hours to run. I could not imagine the ice mining fleet required to fly around to keep this blueprint running 24/7.

10,000 fuel blocks is what the AMC need for 1 month. I plan to start expanding this and seeing if I can hit 20,000/month and see if I can support more University structures.
Image Image
<<

Fergus Echerie

Portrait

Post 2017.07.06 13:53

Excellent, thanks for that, I was getting close

http://evegadgets.com/#/pi/595e3757495ceb20ad2f5e5e

Will change to your outline and see where I get.
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2017.07.06 14:46

Image Image
<<

Fergus Echerie

Portrait

Post 2017.07.09 13:39

Had a check on system I'm based in and no Plasma planets with POCO :(

Would need to importing something to work with 5 planets and no Plasma, might just save up some funding while training into 6.

Return to Mining & Planetary Interaction