Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Fergus Echerie

Portrait

Post 2017.04.25 13:05

PI ISK Burner

So,

I tried to experiment a bit with PI on an alt, after weeks of training and millions of ISK in setup and transfer to/from various customs offices I finally got enough P2 together to have a 24hr run on a P2 - P4 factory planet.

Estimated value of inputs was 80m and it cost me 3m to transfer onto planet. Now have almost 100 Nano-Factories on the planet with a transfer off estimate of over 12m!

I think my experiment has proved this is not the way to go as a rough guess on what I've spent so far and an estimated on what I can sell these for does not add up. I think around 1m each which gives me approx 100m. Going by estimates I would almost have been better just selling the P2.

Estimated costs

Setup 5m per planet - 25m
Transfer costs over a few weeks for P2 - 5m
Transfer of P2 into planet - 3m
Transfer off - 12m

Near enough 50m, so I may make 50m for 2-3 weeks of rushing around when Eve is quiet.

Am I better just creating P3 and selling that bulk?
<<

Bron Ves

Portrait

Post 2017.04.25 13:14

Re: PI ISK Burner

I do my PI in high sec which i know is not very lucrative but its made a decent amount of semi passive isk. What I do is i make fuel block components, like coolant, enriched uranium and such. Coolant is by far my best isk making item. After initial setup i can i usually net around 60-70 mil a week or so. It isnt much but it is something.
<<

O'b Haru Sen

Portrait

Post 2017.04.25 13:49

The numbers seem strange. So the total POCO tax rate is ~5%, right?

Just a guess:
Did you check whether your factories still contain materials?
Since you have so many factories, it may be that materials are stuck in factories waiting for the 2nd material to process the next batch.
You can see factory inventories form planet view.
<<

Fergus Echerie

Portrait

Post 2017.04.25 13:54

Tbh not sure I understand all the tax rates, the customs office on the P4 planet says 11.5%, I've 2 launchpads that only contain finished P4.

How does it work out transfer costs?

I have the customs skill at I'V.
<<

Nando Alaikan

Portrait

Post 2017.04.25 18:59

Fergus,

Where are you attempting to complete this PI chain? a 11.5% POCO tax is going to massively cut into any type of profit on the more involved items (P3/P4). There are likely POCO's with much lower tax rates that you would be able to use. A website that Andrew Nightshade pointed out in the Solitude chat is http://evegadgets.com/#/pi which might help determine taxes/setup to an extent.

Nando
<<

Fergus Echerie

Portrait

Post 2017.04.25 19:11

I'm in 0.5 HiSec Amar space. Realised that taxes are killing me so had a look around and even the losec systems are 10%. Never seen anything lower and am a long way out from Null.
<<

Nando Alaikan

Portrait

Post 2017.04.25 19:15

Getting your alt into a low sec corporation/alliance would likely help with this. Even some of the Eve-Uni alt corps have likely setup better rates with POCO owners. I am not exactly sure which campus you are living closest to, but asking in the appropriate channel could get you some useful info.

The Solitude crew, for example, have negotiated 0% tax rates in a 0.1 low sec system for all POCO's. Good deals are out there, just need to ask around.

Nando
<<

Fergus Echerie

Portrait

Post 2017.04.25 19:18

Thanks, appreciate the advice and you taking the time to help out. I'll ask around, I'm actually based in Soli anyway

Had not considered there would be tax deals.
<<

Nando Alaikan

Portrait

Post 2017.04.25 19:22

One of our officers in Solitude, Exorcist Wraith, runs such an alt corp, The Grindstone Initiative. He has a very detailed post of what is offered in that corp currently, might be worth a read on the Solitude section of the forums.

Nando

Return to Mining & Planetary Interaction