2v2 Corvettes Fits

For questions regarding the mechanics of exploding other people.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
Kelon Darklight
Title: Royal Champion of House Tash-Murkon, Chatty Kelon, Master Baiter, Graduate

2v2 Corvettes Fits

Post by Kelon Darklight »

I was looking at the upcoming 2v2 Corvettes and spot an good opportunity for e-uni guys to make some isk and 250k sp in the single day event.

Ruleset: This filament allows a fleet containing two capsuleers to enter an Abyssal Proving Ground for a fight to the death against another fleet of two capsuleers.
The ships allowed to enter this proving ground event are the Impairor, Ibis, Velator, and Reaper.
Fleets entering this proving ground can include a maximum of one vessel of any single ship type.
All ships within this proving ground will receive a bonus that doubles the benefits gained from overheating the following module groups: Tackle Modules, Propulsion Modules, Repair Modules, Resistance Modules, Energy Warfare Modules, Turrets, and Launchers.

Pilots equipped with modules, implants, and boosters with a meta level higher than 0 (Basic T1 modules) will not be able to enter this proving ground.
Sensor dampeners, weapon disruptors, shield boost amplifiers, shield rechargers, shield power relays, shield flux coils, and core defense field purgers are banned in this proving format.
Ships entering this proving ground may have a maximum of one local repair module fitted (shield or armor).

The proving ground event accessed through this filament will be accessible for 24 hours, from downtime on June 11th until downtime on June 12th, YC124.

So I was looking at the fits, and with only a 2/2/2 slot layout without any access to rigs, there is a sharp limitation on the ways to fit these ships. Viable active rep tanks are thin on the ground, due to the low hp/s as well as ASB and SAARs are banned due to being meta 1. Here is the only mobile (there are static versions of this fit with a bit more hp/s at the cost you can't move)
Note the unheated reps here don't even tank drones from another velator, and we are expecting 2 guys to be shooting you at the same time, so its going to be alot more dps than that. I don't really see this as a viable fit.

Next up we have to figure out how we are going to tank them, so due to the extremely limited fitting of corvettes, the only buffer tank you can fit almost all require at least one if not two auxiliary power cores. There is also the decision between trying to make close range brawlers and long range setups and I was not super thrilled with how that was looking.

The long range fit and the blaster fit here are what I was imaging for those roles. The long range fit is about 20 dps lower than the close range fit, however it also has more hp and way more projection, as it can also swap to longer range ammo. The close range fit is not only slower due to the plate, it also has less total hp by a decent amount and can only deal its maximum damage within 2-3km, which is harder than you think as its super easy to overshoot the target once you get tackle on it, while the rail fit can deal its damage the whole way in while you ram. This makes me think the MSE/long range fits are going to be the meta here. Here are the fits I was thinking of below.

Rail Velator
Spoiler
[Velator, meta 0 2v2]

Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

5MN Microwarpdrive I
Medium Shield Extender I

150mm Railgun I, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S
150mm Railgun I, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S

Acolyte I x2

Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S x200
Federation Navy Lead Charge S x200
LML ibis version 1
Spoiler
[Ibis, meta 0 2v2]

Ballistic Control System I
Nanofiber Internal Structure I

Small Shield Extender I
5MN Microwarpdrive I

Light Missile Launcher I, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile

Acolyte I x1

Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile x120
Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile x120
LML ibis version 2
Spoiler
[Ibis, meta 0 2v2 v2]

Medium Shield Extender I
5MN Microwarpdrive I

Acolyte I x1

Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile x120
Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile x120
Beam Impairor
Spoiler
[Impairor, meta 0 2v2]

5MN Microwarpdrive I
Medium Shield Extender I

Small Focused Beam Laser I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Small Focused Beam Laser I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S

Acolyte I x1

Imperial Navy Multifrequency S x2
Imperial Navy Radio S x2
Imperial Navy Standard S x2
This one does require a 1% powergrid implant and max skills, can downsize a laser for typical uni skills if 1% doesn't work

Arty Reaper
Spoiler
[Reaper, meta 0 2v2]

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Medium Shield Extender I

280mm Howitzer Artillery I, Republic Fleet EMP S
280mm Howitzer Artillery I, Republic Fleet EMP S

Acolyte I x1

Republic Fleet Depleted Uranium S x70
Republic Fleet Fusion S x70
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S x70
As far as the best two to pair, I suspect velator and impairor might be the best but its hard to say at this junction as the superior range of ibis might help its lack luster dps and the reaper is quite fast. I did go heavy on acolytes for drones due to what I believe will be a heavy dominance of the MSE shield meta. Best plan will be to stick together and either kite away or ram in together, key is to not get split apart as you want to make sure you can both apply all your damage on the primary target. If you do face a ram comp and someone gets caught, make sure you hard commit to the fight for the person who isn't caught as you need to make sure you trade your buddy efficiently to get ahead.

Good flying and good luck!
Champion of Tash-Murkon
Arin Mara
Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Re: 2v2 Corvettes Fits

Post by Arin Mara »

"Trade your buddy efficiently" ahhahahahahahah

Wayback machined and put up on the UniWIki:Projects :P

Are two DPS Corvettes always better than one DPS and one Logistician Corvette?
I'm a Gallantian myself, but my Turret skills are much worse than my Missile skills. Is there any way I can get an Ibis other than to buy it on the open market?
Yuri Levnik

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Another question - why not rail fit the Ibis? A rail setup does roughly double the damage of the light missile fit, though it's inferior to the Velator in every respect except optimal range:
Spoiler
[Ibis, Rail Ibis]

5MN Microwarpdrive I
Medium Shield Extender I

150mm Railgun I, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
150mm Railgun I, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Acolyte I x1

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S x200
Caldari Navy Lead Charge S x200
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Kelon Darklight
Title: Royal Champion of House Tash-Murkon, Chatty Kelon, Master Baiter, Graduate

Same reason i didn't post the lml reaper, kinda forgot to check that, can go with that. as far as sourcing the ships, you can just do it via market or find a buddy to provide you the ships.

I did look at logi but the main issue with logi is that you are about half the turret/missile dps or even less than the other setups, and while the logi is decent there is anywhere from 60 to 150+ incoming dps, so its not reasonable to expect to tank it in a setup like that. Especially since we can't try to use remote MASB as they are meta 1.
Champion of Tash-Murkon
Kelon Darklight

So I want to review a bit of what i saw when I did the 2v2 here. I was pretty accurate that the majority of the meta would be shield tank, but someone managed to come up with what is a pretty clever fit.

So note he has a small shield extender, this is 1/2 of a MSE for buffer for a fraction of the fitting, and he used the saved fittings to fit a 200mm plate. As the meta was so heavily shield dominated, alot of people were going em when possible, which if you look at a similar fit with MSE

Note that the other fit has an effective 600 more hp (30% more hp) vs em than the pure shield fit, so it was a pretty smart decision.

Then we run into a fit I particularly despise myself, the no prop fit.
There are a few problems with this fit, one you are at the mercy at the other team, if they want to tie you, you have no way to force an engagement, as your low lock range means its impossible to try to counter them with no prop. The main reason people did try to win the rush anyway was less fun to wait 15 minutes than to just try to win anyway as its 2-3mil ships at most. It weakest hole was in em, and the best counter to it was ships with sebos that tended to melt to any comp that had props fitted, so it was a real effective ship in the sense that it could solidly win in anything that had a prop fitted without a sebo. it also due to the amount of hp also has decent, for the format, hp/s in shields, at 13.1 ehp/s.

Hopefully you guys had fun and got top 100 (as I didn't manage to get top 100 myself, didn't have enough time to grind those wins).
Champion of Tash-Murkon
Yuri Levnik

Post by Yuri Levnik »

I lost all seven of my matches but had fun doing it. Skipped the battleship 1v1 (too rich for my blood) but looking forward to the next one I can afford to fly and lose...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Arkady Marten

Post by Arkady Marten »

Michelle Devereux and I tried a different tactic: We figured that if we fitted ECM to both ships and jammed one each of the other team, they would have to split their damage and would not make sufficient headway while we in turn focused our fire on one of them. Didn't work, since the fights went so quickly that we would have had to both land jams during the initial cycle every time, but we had a lot of fun working out the fits and trying to plan our strategy.
Ibis
[Ibis, 2v2 APG ECM]

Damage Control I
Small Armor Repairer I

Small Cap Battery I
Multispectral ECM I

125mm Railgun I
125mm Railgun I

Acolyte I x1

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S x500
Caldari Navy Iron Charge S x1000
Velator
[Velator, 2v2 APG ECM]

Small Armor Repairer I
Damage Control I

Multispectral ECM I
Small Cap Battery I

150mm Railgun I
150mm Railgun I

Acolyte I x2

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S x500
Caldari Navy Iron Charge S x1000
Kelon Darklight

That has been a popular tactic in ones where the racial ecm is known and you can try to do the focus fire thing, but in corvettes its pretty risky as fights don't last long enough to get a second jam cycle off.
Champion of Tash-Murkon