Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Navarchos

Portrait

Post 2020.01.28 09:10

My first pvp ship

Hello fellow students and teachers o/

I am preparing to go up in ranks as an eve uni member and I see that part of the requirements is to have active zkillboard stats.
Which one should be my first pvp ship ? A normal racial frigate or a faction one to increase my chances for success ?

Before I jump into facing our war target I will try to get better at flying : Incursus / Enyo
I find it easier to train because my drone skills are zero so I only need to focus on guns, etc.

Any thoughts ?

I will also gather more info in mumble from all the more experienced players.
<<

Navarchos

Portrait

Post 2020.01.28 09:57

Re: My first pvp ship

Something like this ...

[Incursus, pvp Incursus]
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
J5b Enduring Warp Scrambler
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Small Transverse Bulkhead I

Null S x240
<<

Ara Moliko

Portrait

Post 2020.01.28 10:12

The number one rule is obvious: never fly what you can't afford to lose. PVP is almost always an isk-loss activity. Once I fit a scram/disruptor on a ship, I consider that ship already lost, and the isk invested in fun. :lol:

I usually recommend fitting a couple of T1 frigates, Atrons maybe, and head out to low-sec looking for engageable targets. If you go to faction warfare areas, you'll be more likely to find other solo frigates than elsewhere. You'll die a lot, but learn a lot - and if you're sitting there shaking, you're doing it right! :OHMAHGAWD!:

If you have the isk and skills, you can jump straight to faction or T2 frigates.

Before that though, I recommend jumping into the Fight Club if you haven't already. It's really valuable in learning basic PVP strategies in fair-fight circumstances, of which are not that common out in the wild. I also recommend joining all the PVP fleets you can.

Fly dangerously o7
<<

Navarchos

Portrait

Post 2020.01.28 11:36

Thanks for the advise.

Do the targets in lowsec need to be at war too ?

I´ll look up how to get into the fight club

thanks
<<

Falling Snow KumaMoto

Portrait

Assistant Production Manager
Assistant Production Manager

Post 2020.01.28 13:53

You can shoot non-war-targets in lowsec, nullsec, or wormhole space without being concorded. However, if the target is NOT flashy for some reason (suspect, criminal, super-low security standing), then when you shoot them, you will go flashy suspect. If you're fighting near a gate or an NPC station, the NPCs will shoot at you. Over time, you will get used to these odd engagement rules and the important timers that go along with them.

I like flying the incursus, it's a decent T1 frigate for pvp. I would try to escape from a faction or pirate frigate, but you have a good chance 1v1 against other T1 frigates if you can get (and keep) yourself to the correct range.

I like your posted fit. My personal preference is to remove the adaptive nano plating and put an overdrive module for a little more speed, but your fit should work as it is.
ImageImage Image ImageImage
<<

Celine en Chasteaux

Portrait

Post 2020.01.28 13:54

Are you specifically looking for solo PVP opportunities?
If not, it's worth checking the calendar to see what fleets are coming up and the ship requirements for those:

https://www.eveuniversity.org/events/

Are you based at a certain campus? They may have recommended ships for that area
<<

Coolio Enderas

Portrait

Post 2020.01.28 14:41

I would 2nd the suggestion of joining a scheduled fleet PVP roam for your first PVP experiences.

Usually, ships and fits are part of the provided fleet doctrine and corresponding ships are available on contract. Plenty of people will be in fleet to guide you through your first PVP roams.

Solo PVP for begineers in LowSec will have a steap learning curve as there are plenty of blingy experienced PVPers out there.
Image Image
<<

Navarchos

Portrait

Post 2020.01.29 04:54

Agree. a guided pvp roam/fleet is more what I am aiming for.

thanks for all the feedback

Return to Player vs Player Combat