Trying FW and getting anihalited

For questions regarding the mechanics of exploding other people.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
Crayox13

Trying FW and getting anihalited

Post by Crayox13 »

So :)
Tried it so many times but whenever someone comes in I'm dead. I'm a noob of course and I guess everyone has perfect PvP fits there in Flies? I'm fighting for Galante (that's the suggestion for Unistas, right?)

I went several times with Thrasher fleet since I have trained Minmatar furthest.
Log:
[Thrasher Fleet Issue, Thrasher Xaint Issue PvP]
Damage Control II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II

Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
J5b Enduring Warp Scrambler

200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II

Small Transverse Bulkhead II

Hail S x2160
Republic Fleet EMP S x1440
lost like 4 or 5 overall, then tried a few slasher fits
Log:
[Slasher, alpha strike]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

Small Shield Extender II
Small Shield Extender II
'Basic' EM Shield Amplifier

280mm Howitzer Artillery II

Small Projectile Burst Aerator I
Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I

Quake S x60
here I think I'm too used to orbit and maybe I shouldn't have at the time. My tracking wasn't as good here. I'm so used to PvE Thrasher with very good tracking. Usually I land a first shot and then everything stops. Either they are distrupting me or kiting me, I don't know. Any suggestions if I should start training some other stuff, or anyone willing to show me the ropes? :) Been to several classes whenever I can, but mostly fleet stuff.
Southpaw Hardin

Re: Trying FW and getting anihalited

Post by Southpaw Hardin »

Hey Crayox13,

Sorry I'm just seeing this now. I haven't been on the forums much, and I'm trying to change that. As far as the thrasher fit goes, imo it's too much tank, not enough spank. You really want to abuse the damage bonuses, so personally I'd drop the reinforced bulkheads, and one of the bulkhead rigs in favor of some damage components. So it'd look something like this:

[Thrasher Fleet Issue, Thrasher Xaint Issue PvP]

Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Scrambler II

200mm AutoCannon II, Hail S
Small Energy Neutralizer II

Small Projectile Burst Aerator I

I'd also think about diversifying your ammo a bit. A big strength of Minmatar guns is their damage profiles using different ammo types. Republic Fleet ammo also tracks a bit better, so if you're struggling to hit frigs that might be why.

Frigs are looking to orbit you at very close range. If they're afterburner fit(which most are in FW), they're going to achieve that. Even then, if you're firing 6 guns at them at 4-500dps into their damage hole(which you should be with diversified ammo) you should be able to shred them pretty quickly with a web applied to them. If you're only fighting within plexes, consider switching to an afterburner. It'll allow you to keep at range against ships trying to orbit you, which will significantly increase your applied dps to ships.

As far as the Slasher goes, that's one of the few T1 frigs I've never flown in PvP. Just looking at the fit you have no prop mod equipped. There's a pretty amazing pdf that goes into solo ship fittings for frigs in faction warfare. Here it is: Frig Yearbook

*edit: If you're Minmatar, try a Rifter. I've had good success with it. Here's the fit I use: Rifter. I'm 5-4 with it in solo fights I think.

o7
Industrialist with lofty dreams. Follow my exploits here: Confessions of a Small Time Arms Dealer