Proving Ground's- Amarr Frigate FFA

For questions regarding the mechanics of exploding other people.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
Kelon Darklight
Title: Royal Champion of House Tash-Murkon, Chatty Kelon, Master Baiter, Graduate

Proving Ground's- Amarr Frigate FFA

Post by Kelon Darklight »

So we are back for another proving grounds! As a meta 0 proving grounds i hope this will be affordable for everyone invovled, looking at the filament, we have the following ruleset:

This filament allows a fleet containing a single capsuleer to enter an Abyssal Proving Ground for a fight to the death against three other capsuleers.
The ship allowed to enter this proving ground event are the Executioner, Tormentor, and Punisher.
During this proving ground event a large Tachyon Cloud with a 40km radius will be located in the center of the arena. Ships located within this cloud will receive an additional bonus that increases velocity by 200%, decreases ship inertia by 50%, and increases signature radius by 100%.

Pilots equipped with modules, implants, and boosters with a meta level higher than 0 (Basic T1 modules) will not be able to enter this proving ground.
Sensor dampeners, weapon disruptors, shield boost amplifiers, shield rechargers, shield power relays, shield flux coils, and core defense field purgers are banned in this proving format.
Ships fitted with modules or rigs that provide bonus to single specific damage resistances will not be able to enter this proving ground. (For example: EM Armor Hardener modules and Medium Kinetic Shield Reinforcer rigs are NOT allowed because they provide bonuses to a single specific resistance type, but Multispectrum Energized Membrane and Damage Control modules ARE allowed because they provide bonuses to multiple resistance types).
Ships entering this proving ground may have a maximum of one local repair module fitted (shield or armor).

The proving ground event accessed through this filament will be accessible from August 5th to 8th, YC124.

So to start out with, as a heads up, all ancillary reps and the reactive armor hardener are considered meta 1 so you won't be seeing them in this proving grounds. So we have an effective 3x speed bonus, so that means frigates will go 9 km/s under mwd in the bubble and the AB frigate will be going around 3 km/s give or take depending on the exact fit and ship.

So to start with I took a look at the punisher, due to the lack of an actual weapon bonus, is the most flexible for fitting stuff that isn't lasers. It also has a tank bonus and the most powergrid as well so it was looking pretty good.
Spoiler
[Punisher, ffa meta 0 art MSE mwd]

Gyrostabilizer I
Damage Control I
Gyrostabilizer I
Gyrostabilizer I
Co-Processor I

5MN Microwarpdrive I
Medium Shield Extender I

280mm Howitzer Artillery I, Republic Fleet EMP S

Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I

Republic Fleet Carbonized Lead S x500
Republic Fleet EMP S x500
Republic Fleet Fusion S x500
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S x500
was the first fit i looked out, with 2.9 km/s base speed, 110 dps with short range ammo, and a 6+10 range, as i thought good vollies would be excellent but a further dive into the meta has shown me this may not be the best fit, as I then came up with this:
Spoiler
[Punisher, ffa meta 0 arty v4]

Small Armor Repairer I
Damage Control I
Gyrostabilizer I
Gyrostabilizer I
400mm Steel Plates I

1MN Afterburner I
Stasis Webifier I

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Projectile Ambit Extension I

That is a thick boy! It can still project, and it has an amazing amount of base hp at 5.45k ehp and 32 hp/s tanked, it has plenty of time to get reps off with that much buffer, and you can even go more of a brawl fit with ac's,
Spoiler
[Punisher, ffa meta 0 ac v1]

Small Armor Repairer I
Damage Control I
Gyrostabilizer I
Gyrostabilizer I
400mm Steel Plates I

1MN Afterburner I
Stasis Webifier I

200mm AutoCannon I, Republic Fleet Fusion S

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Projectile Metastasis Adjuster I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I

A few tormentor fits:
Spoiler
[Tormentor, PG Meta 0 FFA B SAR v2]

Damage Control I
Heat Sink I
Small Armor Repairer I
200mm Steel Plates I

1MN Afterburner I
Stasis Webifier I
Stasis Webifier I

Small Focused Beam Laser I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S

Small Energy Locus Coordinator I

Acolyte I x2
Warrior I x2

Navy Cap Booster 400 x10
Imperial Navy Multifrequency S x3
Imperial Navy Standard S x3
True Sanshas Radio S x3
Nanite Repair Paste x20
Aiming for more of a beam kite with a strong control in a brawl, just not sure it has enough sustain, and its really impossible to fit a cap booster and the 200mm plate, so you really have to make a choice between cap and more buffer.

Leaning more into a pure kite fit, we get-
Spoiler
[Tormentor, 2v2 meta 0]

Heat Sink I
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Nanofiber Internal Structure I
Nanofiber Internal Structure I

Medium Shield Extender I
5MN Microwarpdrive I
Stasis Webifier I

Small Focused Beam Laser I, Imperial Navy Radio S

So it is an extreme range kiter, and still does 45 dps at radio range, i just worry its not going to be enough dps as for example a punisher can tank 55 or more vs em very easily, so you would have to close range, and they may be able to out trade you at that range.

Executioner has some promise for a fit to get under tormentor and punisher guns, but I wonder it is a bit to thin to work out in a FFA format.
Spoiler
[Executioner, PG meta 0 FFA]

Small Armor Repairer I
400mm Steel Plates I
Damage Control I

1MN Afterburner I
Stasis Webifier I
Stasis Webifier I

Small Energy Neutralizer I

Small Projectile Metastasis Adjuster I
The rep is mainly there for repping between engagements as its a bit too cap hungry to run the neut and the rep at the same time. The neut is probably worth about 30 to 40 dps as once you cap out someone they will likely not have a cap booster in most cases, so they will stop propping and repping and if they are laser fit it will also drop the laser. I do have some concerns it can't win a fight fast enough to avoid getting dog piled. Can drop the neut and free up enough powergrid to drop an ACR for another rig.

Now a word of warning, I did look at mwd fits, but they are going to be super risky to fly through the bubble, as what will happen is you get to max speed of 9km/s, drop out of the speed bubble, you will keep your speed up due to the inertia drop and might fly straight out of the arena. If you do go into the bubble, you may want to manually throttle your speed to a lower speed to lower the risk of dieing to flinging yourself out of the arena. Its one of the reasons I am going heavily into ab is I am unsure speed is good when it bumps you out to 9km/s, and the fact that most fits can mostly mitigate dps at range forcing you to close into higher range ammo which requires alot more commitment.

Another thing to note the arena itself increases your sig, so fighting outside of it may give you an advantage if you are dueling someone inside it cause they will be much easier to track.
Champion of Tash-Murkon