First lost in NSC, a good one

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Omio Okanata

Portrait

Post 2020.09.21 21:07

First lost in NSC, a good one

So i was on my Gila doing a L3 mission in T22 and i heard a call for battle on the T22 gate in PC9 over mumble so i joined. As soon as i clicked warp to PC9 gate, 3 neuts appear in T22 local, i didnt bother as i was going to jump to PC9.

As i arrived, battle was on and at that time i wasnt worry because it looked even from the overview, i mean we have 3 ships and they have 3 as well but smaller, they deployed 2 bubbles and i activated the MDW burning away. At that point i wasnt pointed but just that i was too far away from the target. I then approach the Kiki, locked, deployed drone and engaged.

Everything turned sour when i was pointed and few more ships landed including a jackdaw. And there it goes my first lost in NSC. We were out numbered.

Background: I knew there was a wh in T22 much earlier but i didnt bothered because of the local traffic was normal until the spike.

What have i learnt:

- normal geological advantage of JH, PH9 and T22 does not apply when there is a WH (in the back pocket)
- engaging a fight without intel and proper fleet structure is very high risk
- engaging a fight in PVE fits is the last straw on the camel's back

Note: two good souls reimbursed the cost of my hull even it was not in the SRP, i greatly appreciate it. I will not run away from the NSC/PVP, i will come back stronger. o7
<<

Cariq

Portrait

Post 2020.09.23 00:43

Re: First lost in NSC, a good one

Welcome to NSC, glad to have you! Those are all good lessons to learn so early :D
A big part of the fun of NSC, I think, is sudden QRF's. Going from PvE to PvP in a heartbeat (well, and maybe a ship change) is a blast.
Graduate, Current Titles Officer, Former Personnel Officer
In Rust We Trust
  • EVE wormholer & miner; former DUST514 Unista
  • Mine all the places. Active at AMC, WHC, NSC, & HSC.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Omio Okanata

Portrait

Post 2020.09.24 02:52

Re: First lost in NSC, a good one

Yes, ive been doing logistic in the past few days and i finally form it up: ships for PVE, PVP and logistic. will do my usual missioning with DNI and then have a Blackbird ready for the call. I think this way will be more appropriate. then from there slowly learn up the skills and nature about pvp in around NSC. also the NSC community is awesome ! :P

Return to Player vs Player Combat