DPS meter in the Eve Client

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Tam Easson

Portrait

Post 2020.06.24 00:54

DPS meter in the Eve Client

Hi All. In some PvP and PvE Youtube videos, I see what looks like a third party DPS meter displayed in the screen capture. It shows the DPS given and the DPS received in a rolling line chart. I can see a use for this as I learn some PvP skills, so my questions are: What is it really? Is it legal in E-Uni? If legal, recommendations on where to find and use one. I ask since I have no clue about it

Thanks
<<

Edhin Delphiki

Portrait

Post 2020.06.24 01:22

Re: DPS meter in the Eve Client

The EVE Online End User License Agreement has some wording about intercepting data from the system. If weapon damage done or received is considered user data, I can see how CCP may not like that being used by a third-party tool. If CCP has a new feature that shows real-time damage, I would love to have that running.

However, I do not know how the tools used those streams are gathering the information. I did a casual Google search for some DPS meters for EVE Online and my anti-virus software started to report some questionable reports on various sites. My anti-virus could be a bit paranoid and could be reporting a false positive.

TLDR: if you cannot get the information from an official API or in-game feature from CCP, caveat emptor (buyer beware).

Warm Regards,
Edhin
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Tam Easson

Portrait

Post 2020.06.25 00:04

Thank you
I figured at with a big enough community, if it was a known thing I'd get an answer. I'm leery of Spyware so your answer pretty much confirmed that its to too prevalent and thus probably not a good thing. I always figured asking keeps me out of doing most dumb things :)
<<

Yrgrasil

Portrait

Post 2020.06.26 12:30

there is some tools out like https://github.com/ArtificialQualia/PyEveLiveDPS for example.

Most just use the combat logs and are compliant to the eula. I assume with some search in the official forums you probably get some more informations about that.

Return to Player vs Player Combat