Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Joao Freire

Portrait

Post 2019.05.15 10:29

Escaping gate camps while hauling with ECM

Hi,

I'm testing the idea to fit a T1 industrial with the best tank possible, sacrificing cargo, to survive enough time to concord to show when I'm being ganked near a trading hub, and actively applying ECM to release lock and get away.
My questions are:
1 - Does this make sense?
2 - In case of being ganked, and I do apply ECM drones will I receive a weapons timer that prevents me from using the gate or dock?

Since this is a player shooting another player, I choose this forum.
If this is not the correct forum to put this question, please let me know.

Thanks,
João Freire
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Director of Special Projects
Director of Special Projects

Post 2019.05.15 10:44

Re: Escaping gate camps while hauling with ECM

Em probably won't work to much but fitting as much tank as possible helps cause the more you overfill your t1 hauler the more likely someone will try to gank you.,

Can always do a test run on sisi one of the days if we happen to be online at same time, so you can see what kind of damage to expect

My own opinion is the best tank is not getting cought in the first place "easyier said than done". but there is a few things that can help with this
Check out insta dock bookmarks
insta undock bookmarks
tacticals
having a scout either an alt +1 for you or a buddie

When i am transporting shinie stuff that can fit into a frigate i tend to throw it in a travel ceptor so this helps me move around alot faster and as i align very fast its hard to shoot me and i still use the insta dock bookmarks i have and the insta undock's i have, sometimes i will use tacticals before i land at a station if i am really worried.

but ye more tank is good, its something like 3mill for every 1k ehp you have, example if you hauler has 20k effective hit points in and around the 60 mill mark should be the limit of what goes into the cargo

can always check out https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Hauling#Avoiding_Ganking if you havn't already

for Question 2: yes for 60 seconds from when you last committed an aggressive act, webs/warp disrupters/neuts/drones/turrets/ecm etc can all cause you to gain your aggrestion timer if applied to someone even when defending yourself.

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Events Manager, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
<<

Aren Dar

Portrait

Assistant Diplomacy Manager
Assistant Diplomacy Manager

Post 2019.05.15 11:30

Joao Freire wrote:Hi,

I'm testing the idea to fit a T1 industrial with the best tank possible, sacrificing cargo, to survive enough time to concord to show when I'm being ganked near a trading hub, and actively applying ECM to release lock and get away.
My questions are:
1 - Does this make sense?
2 - In case of being ganked, and I do apply ECM drones will I receive a weapons timer that prevents me from using the gate or dock?

You can, but in the case of highsec ganking they are normally going to kill you with alpha rather than holding you for any length of time - so by the time you try and use your drones it may be too late anyway. ECM drones will take time to travel to the target - which may be some distance away if they are using arty tornados, and may not land the first jam anyway. They will give you a weapons timer once they activate on the target - regardless of whether or not they succeed - which will prevent you from docking or using a gate.

The better option is not to transport anything particularly valuable in a T1 industrial (below 50M is a reasonable guideline) and use some other ship or one of the hauling services to transport anything valuable, bulky or both,
<<

Netan Emerson

Portrait

Post 2019.05.15 11:38

Would have to agree with Turtle on this one.

There is no way to tank a T1 industrial to take enough beating to survive. Gankers will always scan your ship to figure out what you have sometimes few gates away and bring enough ships to kill.

Sadly ECM based on your industrial would be useless since target will always still be able to be locked on and shooting you (just not anyone else not that matters). ECM drones are only work around for this but only Nereus can fit 3 of them. If they break lock you warp out and by time land on a station should probably have lost timer or be close.

If carrying someone shiny thats possible to fit in frigate go with travel fit ship (Sub 2 second align time). Otherwise for tank its Deep Space Transport for extra tanky transport or Blockade Runners for high value but low volume (cloak and speed).
Image Image Image

Image Image Image
<<

Joao Freire

Portrait

Post 2019.05.15 22:26

Thanks all.
Good and clear responses from all. thanks!
Will explore the sub 2 sec align frig for hauling, From what I read is not 100% sure, but it will be the best option for a low cost hauler (T1 - frig).
Added value that will not get the weapons timer.

Thanks!
<<

Ann'Dra Padecain

Portrait

Post 2019.05.16 04:03

For 2sec align consider the Sunesis which can be fitted sub-2 with more than 1k m3 cargo-space.
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2019.05.19 17:16

Hi,

not sure if Joao has Omega, if yes, Cloak & MWD trick together with good instadock and -undock bookmarks will help a lot not to get ganked in whatever. See:

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Cargo_Ha ... loak_Trick

Also if he has Omega, a travelceptor is the safest way to get around and transport reasonable high value & low volume stuff. Beware of smartbombers though...

Zoltan

Return to Player vs Player Combat