Post 2018.10.11 13:42

ECM changes and a new way to use it?

I've been hearing all the huff about the ECM change (where a ship that is successfully jammed can only target the jammer), how it will cause the death of the Griffin, ECM forced to become primary target, etc. I may be committing heresy here, but this new ECM sounds like a warrior taunting the party's target to attack him/her instead. However, as my PvP experience is extremely limited, I want to offer this question to those that are more knowledgeable.

In a small gang encounter, could ECM be used by a tanky ship to force an enemy to focus on it for 20 seconds? Warp in on the gang, target their biggest threat, and have a hybrid-tanked ship ECM them until they can only attack the "tank"?

Along those same lines, perhaps ECM could be used in conjunction with damps (which is probably how it's being used now); ECM sits far away, jams the target, and someone else damps the jammed ship so they can't retaliate on the jammer...
Milja Itazura

"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius."

"Ha ha ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia,' but only slightly less well-known is this: 'Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!'"

Current industry initiatives:

Beginner Exploration contracts available in 101

Gallente Starter Packs available in 101

Caldari Starter Packs available in 101