Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Raven Marley

Portrait

Post 2018.05.10 07:03

Please help on mechanics: the freighter webbing trick

Hello Eve Uni,

this topic might also belong into the trade category, however I decided to post it in the PVP section as I guess that more of you might be familiar with aggression mechanics here.

So what's the deal? I recently trained an alt who is a member of an NPC corp to be a freighter pilot. Now I want to speed up deliveries by webbing the freighter after aligning so that it enters warp more quickly.

My questions are related to the webbing frigate: I read that the pilot must be in the same corp as the freighter pilot in order to avoid an aggression timer which would lead to the destruction of the webbing ship in hisec.

1) So it would not be suffcient if both pilots simply formed a fleet?

2) If both pilots are members of the same corp, but corp rules forbid friendly fire, does this mean that the frigate cannot web the freighter unpunished either?

Thank you for making this one clear for me.

Raven
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.05.10 09:10

Re: Please help on mechanics: the freighter webbing trick

1) No, forming a fleet doesn't change what's legal and what isn't.
2) Correct, if friendly fire is forbidden then you will not be able to activate any offensive modules such as webs, painters, guns, missiles etc on a fellow corp mate (technically you can, if you turn off your safeties and then do it, but then you'd become a criminal and get destroyed by CONCORD if done in high security space).

Secret option number 3 exists though, it's called duelling. You can setup a duel with your own alt (or fellow corp mate in a no friendly fire corp) which gives you both a Limited Engagement Timer for 5 minutes. For the duration of the timer, while you're "duelling", you are free to web and shoot each other at will. And each time you do, the timer will extend for another 5 minutes. So as long as you're webbing the freighter every 5 minutes (ie, as long as you're fast enough to make each jump within 5 minutes) you only have to do this once when you start, then it'll last until you stop webbing. Worse case scenario, you just reapply the duel.

You can read more on duels here: Duels & Limited Engagements

Personally I'm not a fan of leaving duelling requests open, as some people take it upon themselves to annoy other players by mass-sending requests for duels to someone. Hoping they either get disrupted enough to be annoyed, or as an actual tactic to delay your actions or trick you into accidentally accepting the duel.
<<

Raven Marley

Portrait

Post 2018.05.10 09:52

Thank you Cassiel! That really made it clear to me. :)
<<

Decklin Quark Reiger

Portrait

Post 2018.05.10 12:35

Just to add to Cass' response - I would recommend that on your freighter pilot, you set the option to auto-reject all duel invitations. Always initiate the duel from the freighter pilot to your webber alt. That way you can't accidentally accept a duel request from a hostile party to your freighter.

Return to Player vs Player Combat