On Solo PVP Ships, Incursus Edition

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Kelon Darklight

Portrait

Post 2018.03.07 00:49

On Solo PVP Ships, Incursus Edition

The incursus is an interesting gallente ship I like to fly a bit. It has the these bonuses: 7.5% bonus to Armor Repairer amount and 5% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret damage. People tend to focus on the rep side a bit too much in my opinion, it gives the incursus an amazingly strong local tank compared to the other frigates, so I tend to prefer to focus on the damage side more.

SPOILER WARNING!
[Incursus, Standard fit]

IFFA Compact Damage Control
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

1MN Afterburner II
Stasis Webifier II
Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler

Light Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator I
Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
[Empty Rig slot]

Hobgoblin II x1

A fairly generic brawler, a basic baseline fit for low sec. You can consider swapping the refuge plating for an overdrive to help you get in range. You can use either void or antimatter, depending on how you feel your odds are for range control. Null is good if you have issues closing range. The drone is totally up to tastes, though I tend to favor hobgoblins as 1 light drone isn't going to chase off a kiter.

SPOILER WARNING!
[Incursus, Dual web]

Damage Control II
Adaptive Nano Plating II

1MN Afterburner II
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S

[Empty Rig slot]

Hobgoblin II x1

This fit does a whooping 280 dps with void loads, which you can generally safely do due to the fact you should have full range control thanks to the dual web. I really enjoy this fit, and its super solid for taking on even navy and pirate faction frigates, though some you should avoid (worm, comet among others). If you think your target is starting to align out, drop a web to increase their maximum velocity, thereby increasing the time it takes for them to get to warp speed. Generally you want to hold at 1km to avoid tracking issues.

SPOILER WARNING!
[Incursus, Dual web t2 rig variant]

Damage Control II
Adaptive Nano Plating II

1MN Afterburner II
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier

Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator II
Small Transverse Bulkhead I
Small Transverse Bulkhead I

Hobgoblin II x1

While this fit does 10 dps less than its brother, it does get another 700 hp, or around 25% more base hp, so its a trade off worth considering.

SPOILER WARNING!
[Incursus, boomers meta variant]

Small Ancillary Armor Repairer
Adaptive Nano Plating II

1MN Afterburner II
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler

150mm Carbide Railgun I, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Anti-Explosive Pump I

Hobgoblin II x1

Spike S x300
Javelin S x300
Dread Guristas Iridium Charge S x300
Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S x240
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S x60
Nanite Repair Paste x16

Rail incursus tend to be fairly rare, which makes them a solid suprise for those who meet them. This variant uses 150mm meta rails due to the massively lower cpu cost of the metas, but it does loose the benefit of t2 damage spec.

SPOILER WARNING!
[Incursus, boomers]

Small Ancillary Armor Repairer
200mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates

1MN Afterburner II

125mm Railgun II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S

Small Anti-Explosive Pump I

Hobgoblin II x1

Spike S x300
Javelin S x300
Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S x240
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S x60
Nanite Repair Paste x16

I had pretty good luck with this fit in the past, its the only ship I have that a single hull has racked up over 20 kills without dieing. It does solid dps, and the plate is useful for giving some buffer to the fit. You can freely swap this out for a nano plating, less hp but reps are more effective and you are faster/more agile or for an nano/overdrive for additional range control. Should have a ammo variant that can reach out to 20km to scare off kiters that isn't spike, as spike tracking is terrible.

SPOILER WARNING!
[Incursus, Dual Rep]

Small Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Small Armor Repairer II
Adaptive Nano Plating II

1MN Afterburner II
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400
Warp Scrambler II

Light Neutron Blaster II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Small Nanobot Accelerator I

This and its variants are a fairly common low sec fit. I really dislike it though due to the lack of web (meaning whoever you are fighting has full range control), and the fact it dps is quite low. It does have an huge local tank, almost 200 dps cold. Due to the strong rep bonus on the hull itself, I feel you really don't need to emphasize on the tank at all, and that focusing on killing people faster is a stronger option. It can be a strong option vs larger ships, but the fact is you will likely over-rep alot as even an unboosted Small Ancillary Armor Repper will heal around half your armor hp.

SPOILER WARNING!
[Incursus, MWD brawler]

Adaptive Nano Plating II
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II

[Empty Rig slot]

While an OK mwd brawler, it is a bit slow which can make it hard to catch things or to control range once things are caught, so not my favorite one to fly, though I have flown it occasionally. It does have a strong tank though, so you will have some time to either close range, brawl down with null, or get out.

Any questions, comments, etc. can go below! Thinking of trying to do a ship or two a week like this, what do you guys think?
Champion of Tash-Murkon
<<

Padraic Musbrandt

Portrait

Post 2018.03.07 07:41

Re: On Solo PVP Ships, Incursus Edition

I think that's a very good review. I struggle at time when I'm trying to decide what ship/fit should I go with for solo roams. (Not that I do it often.)
<<

Peter Pantaloons

Portrait

Post 2018.03.14 23:10

As someone gearing up to get started in solo PVP, I really enjoyed this post. I'm planning on trying out either the 280 or 270 DPS build. In both cases, do you recommend waiting on beacons (FW-specifically), or hanging out a bit further away and approaching after range control is achieved via the dual webs?
<<

Kelon Darklight

Portrait

Post 2018.03.15 01:23

I honestly am brave and warp into many things, no need to hold on the beacon. Always heat the AB and the guns, don't forget F is a shortcut to sic your 20 dps drone on the target. Avoid comets, worms, vigil fleet issues, daredevils, and griffin navies. That fit has downed 200 mil crours, succubus, various faction frigates, etc. Just don't be afraid to swap to null if you realize you can't close the range.

Recent example: http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=475060 He would have had range control normally due to the massive AB bonus vs a single web, but dual web let me close the range and overwhelm his tank. He did try to get out, but by the time he did that it was too late.
Champion of Tash-Murkon
<<

Peter Pantaloons

Portrait

Post 2018.03.15 02:35

Thanks for the tips. Just put in buy orders for 10 of the 280 DPS versions. I hope to try them out of the LSC in the near future.
<<

Peter Pantaloons

Portrait

Post 2018.04.14 04:35

Got my first solo kill (after many deaths and escapes) using the 280 DPS variant. Even with my low skill pool, I had enough DPS to break a dual armor-rep Incursus. That being said, I ended up tunnel-visioning on a dual-web kestrel shortly thereafter. I couldn't close the distance and lost the fight. I probably should have just warped off when I couldn't get within my optimal.

Return to Player vs Player Combat