Fleet Command Questions

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Ca'ain

Portrait

Post 2018.01.12 16:28

Fleet Command Questions

I was running a fleet and a couple of items came up that I didn't know how to do.

First, how do you squad warp? As FC I could warp the entire fleet, but didn't know how to do a squad. We at one point split the fleet into 2 squads.

Second, we were running combat sites and I wanted to broadcast warp to (XXX-XXX Combat Site), but couldn't figure that out. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Director of Special Projects

Post 2018.01.12 18:42

Re: Fleet Command Questions

broadcasting combat sites i am not fully sure tbh, but for most other things if it shows on your overview you just right click it to get some options and near the bottom you will get 3 broadcast options that you can use.

for warping squads around I normally just warp the fleet around so i would scratch my head on this one also but at a guess if you have a wing commander they probably get an option to warp the squads under them , if squad commanders are still a thing they can probably do it also but there has been a number of fleet changes and I have still not fully cought up on all changes since i came back to eve and sadly I am a lazzy person when it comes to experimenting so at this stage i am mearly guessing need to either test it out or for someone who actually knows what there on about to chim in.

that said I will be watching this post as I am interested now in finding out for sure the answer to increase my eve knowledge <3

small edit: a good wiki page to look at if you haven't yet is https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Fleets_101

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Events Manager, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
<<

Rikki Bigg

Portrait

Post 2018.01.12 19:15

For group warps, it all depends on where you are in fleet leadership. If you are fleet commander, you can warp the entire fleet, if you are wing commander, you can warp the entire wing.

If you are fleet or wing commander, you cannot warp only a single squad. That is what the squad leader is for :D

If you split the entire fleet into two squads, then you need two people in the corresponding squad command slots to warp their respective squads. If you want to remain in a position where you can warp the entire fleet, your best bet is to assign two squad leaders to warp their squads, and warp yourself from wing/fleet command.

As far as fleet broadcasting signatures, you cannot; as a general rule, you can broadcast anything with an overview beacon, like fw sites, incursion sites, event sites, asteroid belts, etc. You can also broadcast Mission locations, Bookmarks (newly created bookmarks will have a delay before being broadcastable), and Fleet members. Cosmic Anomalies do not fall into this category.

There are a few ways to achieve your intended functionality. First is just typing the signature (xxx-xxx Combat site) into fleet - very inelegant.
Another is to have a player on grid at the intended site, and have the fleet warp to them.You can fleet warp to public objects and other fleet members. you cannot fleet warp to bookmarks, combat scan results, etc (RIP Punting)
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Post 2018.01.12 19:38

thanks Rikki Bigg wasn't 100% sure and do appreciate your answers <3

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Events Manager, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
<<

Ca'ain

Portrait

Post 2018.01.12 21:38

Rikki Bigg wrote:For group warps, it all depends on where you are in fleet leadership. If you are fleet commander, you can warp the entire fleet, if you are wing commander, you can warp the entire wing.

If you are fleet or wing commander, you cannot warp only a single squad. That is what the squad leader is for :D

If you split the entire fleet into two squads, then you need two people in the corresponding squad command slots to warp their respective squads. If you want to remain in a position where you can warp the entire fleet, your best bet is to assign two squad leaders to warp their squads, and warp yourself from wing/fleet command.

Ahh, this is what I did wrong. Next time, I'd do it as a wing - not a squad.

Rikki Bigg wrote:As far as fleet broadcasting signatures, you cannot; as a general rule, you can broadcast anything with an overview beacon, like fw sites, incursion sites, event sites, asteroid belts, etc. You can also broadcast Mission locations, Bookmarks (newly created bookmarks will have a delay before being broadcastable), and Fleet members. Cosmic Anomalies do not fall into this category.

There are a few ways to achieve your intended functionality. First is just typing the signature (xxx-xxx Combat site) into fleet - very inelegant.
Another is to have a player on grid at the intended site, and have the fleet warp to them.You can fleet warp to public objects and other fleet members. you cannot fleet warp to bookmarks, combat scan results, etc (RIP Punting)

Thanks, I was just telling the fleet align to xxx-xxx, then did a fleet warp. It was working, but wanted to use the broadcast functionality.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to Player vs Player Combat