How to Solo PVP guide

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Kelon Darklight

Portrait

Post 2015.03.11 18:50

How to Solo PVP guide

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1x3XF_UrG8y0bfBvuXHZIu1g4FWwBT_B66Zxb9y1xO4Q/edit#slide=id.p3

Would like some commentary on mistakes, misspellings, and things you guys think are off.

Kelon Darklight
Champion of Tash-Murkon
<<

Candide Madullier

Portrait

Post 2015.03.11 21:11

Re: How to Solo PVP guide

Slide 5 - Change "loose" to "lose"
Slide 8 - The fit name is "MWD Cacther", change to "MWD Catcher"
Slide 10 - Change "cause" to "because"
Slide 11 - Change "loosing" to "losing"
Slide 14 - Change "arr" to "are"
Slide 16 - "boster" to "booster", "an web" to "a web"
Slide 21 - "vs a AB" to "vs an AB", "rockets is not" to "rockets are not", "the worse of" to "the worst of"
For arty's, Depleted Uranium is a typical choice. For Rails, I am unaware of any solo fits where spike is used.
Slide 22 - "Take example" to "E.G."
Slide 23 - Reword first bullet: "Typically if your weapons out-range those of your foe, you want to keep "at range", while if they have longer range you want to close distance and get under their guns."
Also talk about checking zkill for past fits of the guy. People rarely change their fits spontaneously.
Slide 24 - "cause" to "because", Burnt? are you British?
Slide 27 - "able" to "available"
Slide 29 - add "or already have a limited engagement timer with you" to the end of the first bullet. "Ninjaing" to "Ninja-ing"
Slide 31 - "your" to "you're" in title.

Will check the rest later.
<<

Secondary Khanid

Portrait

Post 2015.03.12 21:48

I think you should mention that the key step is to undock in a ship and go looking for fights.
<<

Glen Burney

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2015.03.13 00:26

Thanks so much, reading this I learned the thing I was missing about using d-scan: click an object in space (or i presume, in the overhead,) then hit 'c'... i've been manually trying to point my camera at things and it's been... horrendous.
Now, more undocking and hunting! And learning everything I can about using a thrasher to pop frigates.
ImageImage
<<

Secondary Khanid

Portrait

Post 2015.03.13 06:19

Use range on dscan more than direction. You can really quickly over/under stuff in a lot of circumstances.
<<

Hong Hu

Portrait

Post 2015.03.13 19:28

Candide Madullier wrote:Slide 31 - ...

Will check the rest later.

That seems like a lot of slides.
<<

Kelon Darklight

Portrait

Post 2015.03.25 19:01

Thank you for the helpful advice Candide. The typos/corrections you pointed out are made.

Gallastian, I think its kinda of implied, and I hate to add more length on these slides they are HOPEFULLY planning on doing anyway (its already pretty long).
Champion of Tash-Murkon
<<

Morgan Strigidae

Portrait

Post 2015.05.27 05:27

This is an interesting guide. Thanks for posting it.

Here are a few more typo corrections:

5: "Basically you leory into ..." I don't know what 'leory' is supposed to be, but I don't think that's a word.
6: "... people don't except ..." should be "expect"
16: "alot" should be "a lot" (2 words)
21: "To apply rage dps vs an AB frigate it held that you need dual webs ..." I don't understand "it held that you need dual webs". "It's held"?
same: "While Conflag is a choice, your tracking is already the worse of the short range weapons." Should "worse" be "worst"?
same: "Beams is either Navy Multi or Gamma, and a ammo that lets you hit out to either point range or long range depending if you have optimal bonuses or not." => "a ammo" should be "an ammo"; "depending if" should be "depending on if"
24: "E.G a rifter" should be "E.g., a rifter"
same: "If you have time and intel on who you will fight, checking EVE kill or Zkill for thier" => "their"
26: "nothing more embarrassing that dying" => "than dying"

OK. I went through slide 30. I'll try to come back and check the rest another time.
<<

Morgan Strigidae

Portrait

Post 2016.03.27 19:59

Kelon, if you like, I'd be happy to download the presentation, make the corrections I'm suggesting, and get it back to you.

Just getting back to this. I've decided I want to do a lot more PVP, so I'm reviewing this again. Thought I'd pick up where I left off in suggesting corrections.

p. 35, last bullet point: "... you always run into exception [=> exceptions] of the rules. For example, I went in a mwd fit to catch a slicer the other day, and he scrammed me and brawl [=> brawled] me down due to his ab."

p. 38 "Even though you only warped 10000km, it still looks like you warped to gate B." With the changes to grid size, this distance should be further.

p. 44 "The Hawk, embolden [=> emboldened] by the Merlin's arrival,"

p. 46 Why is there a "KABOOM!" graphic here? You don't say anything about blowing anyone up.

p. 47 "as [the] Inquisitor can repair the others and [is] unlikely to have a good local tank"

p. 52 "I [was] once again back to having almost no cap"

Okay, that covers things up through p. 53. This is a great guide! I'll pick up here soon.
<<

Tavion Aksmis

Portrait

Post 2016.05.26 15:33

slide 4: "If you notice the guy aligning out, you can delay his warp out by dropping webs (needs to be at 75% speed to warp). This is a fairly advanced tactic and doesn't always work anyway due to cycle time."

Webs will only make him enter warp faster because it drops his max speed instantly, while the slow effect of the web takes time to take effect. Hence he will be closer to warp out speed right after a web is applied than before.

Othervise excellent guide :D
<<

Aeryn Maricadie

Portrait

Post 2017.05.17 05:03

There are reasonable T1 cruiser fits that are around 20 mil rather than 30-40
<<

Seth Tannin

Portrait

Post 2017.09.21 05:32

Trying to read up as much as possible, just wanted to find out how relevant this still is as I see it was posted in 2015?
<<

Wong-Wei

Portrait

Post 2017.09.21 06:13

Seth Tannin wrote:Trying to read up as much as possible, just wanted to find out how relevant this still is as I see it was posted in 2015?

I can tell you that vexor fits are perhaps about 10m less now. I'm not sure what changes have been made to these vessels and/or the mods they're employing here since then. Still, after looking through these slides it's still shows a practical step-by-step battle. Maybe we can test this together?
<<

Seth Tannin

Portrait

Post 2017.09.21 12:25

Yeah sure i will give it a bash,

Just letting you know I have no experience in PvP combat, only started with the theory now keen to start getting kills.
<<

Adree Jericho

Portrait

Post 2017.09.21 21:29

Tavion Aksmis wrote:Webs will only make him enter warp faster because it drops his max speed instantly, while the slow effect of the web takes time to take effect. Hence he will be closer to warp out speed right after a web is applied than before.D

Hence his suggestion to "drop" the web, implying they are currently on him, i.e. to remove web, thus giving him a new, higher maximum speed.

Return to Player vs Player Combat