Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Doctor Kling

Portrait

Post 2017.09.05 00:42

Lost Hecate to garmur

Is there any real counter to this?
He had me pointed from 40 and I couldn't slingshot him... he pinned me down for 7 minute until his friends arrived.

Just not a winnable fight? Guy was very experienced....
<<

Decklin Quark Reiger

Portrait

Post 2017.09.05 10:09

Re: Lost Hecate to garmur

Against a very experienced Garmur pilot you're going to struggle, because of the combination of very long point and scram, with high speed and agility.

I'm assuming you're blaster fit with scram and double web

Your best option is to use propulsion mode, and try to slingshot the Garmur, either to catch him with a scram and kill him, or to escape his point range and warp away. Either of these are difficult to do, especially if the Garmur has a defensive scram he can use to turn off your MWD if you get close to him. Don't forget to overheat liberally - T3Ds take reduced heat damage.
<<

Doctor Kling

Portrait

Post 2017.09.05 10:18

Yeah that's what I tried and I overheated until I nearly burned it out
Then three of his friends landed and I was toast
Damn those things are fast
<<

Analiese Aubernet

Portrait

Post 2017.09.06 01:05

Yep. If you can't get to 0 on a Garmur at the start of the fight, I'd advise not taking it. Same thing for its big brother the Orthrus.

For reference, with snakes, my Garmur fit will do ~7km/s overheated and align in under 3 seconds. 4 with the prop on.
<<

Doctor Kling

Portrait

Post 2017.09.06 02:31

Yeah he was sneaky. Came into system in an... imicus? Explorer ship. I saw him on D for a bit and figured he was hitting sites.
Bastard has his Garmur in station and swapped. We were only two insystem so I was watching local not checking d
He totally got the drop on me...

Return to Player vs Player Combat