Gate guns dps

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Burak Oz

Portrait

Post 2017.07.02 15:49

Gate guns dps

What i have realized that seems gate guns also effected by transversal, or speed i am not sure.

Sample logbelow. When i was stationary agrressing a target:

15:32:03 Combat 391 from Gallente Sentry Gun - Smashes
15:32:03 Combat 351 from Gallente Sentry Gun - Smashes
15:32:00 Combat 387 from Gallente Sentry Gun - Smashes
15:32:00 Combat 290 from Gallente Sentry Gun - Penetrates

When i have speed, dps start to drop:

15:32:18 Combat 207 from Gallente Sentry Gun - Penetrates
15:32:18 Combat 185 from Gallente Sentry Gun - Hits
15:32:15 Combat 213 from Gallente Sentry Gun - Penetrates
15:32:15 Combat 205 from Gallente Sentry Gun - Penetrates
15:32:13 Combat 228 from Gallente Sentry Gun - Penetrates
15:32:13 Combat 174 from Gallente Sentry Gun - Hits
15:32:10 Combat 278 from Gallente Sentry Gun - Smashes
15:32:10 Combat 111 from Gallente Sentry Gun - Grazes
15:32:08 Combat 282 from Gallente Sentry Gun - Smashes
15:32:08 Combat 209 from Gallente Sentry Gun - Penetrates
15:32:05 Combat 345 from Gallente Sentry Gun - Penetrates
15:32:05 Combat 244 from Gallente Sentry Gun - Penetrates
<<

Xana McBash

Portrait

Post 2017.07.10 02:29

Re: Gate guns dps

This is something I should actually test out for myself as well.

Despite dealing with gate guns almost every day, I still know surprisingly little about their mechanics.
I had no idea that incoming damage could be attenuated by movement.
Any idea how much resists play into it? and what damage types should I fit for? (if any)

So many questions. I'll Science it during the week and report back the results...
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.07.10 17:33

Last I checked the sentry guns, they had 0.4 tracking with medium gun signature (read very high tracking), so they have like a 160 WAS rating and 500km optimal range, see sentry guns for some basic information on their capabilities.
<<

Decklin Quark Reiger

Portrait

Post 2017.07.12 01:44

That wiki article says you need to warp to an off-grid tactical to stop them from firing, but an on-grid tactical also works just fine.

Also, although the article doesn't say so, if you're at least 150km from (the gate? The nearest gun? TBC) When you engage, then the guns won't fire on you.

I haven't tested what happens if you burn outside of this range while under fire from the guns, does anyone know? Glen ?
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.07.12 11:07

Could you guys test the exact range a sentry gun has to be for it to aggress? And how far you need to warp to break aggression for the ongrid bookmark once you have it?

Stats wise, the racial sentry guns (Amarr, Caldari, Gallente and Minmatar Sentry Guns) have a 1000 km aggression range. Faction variants (like Guristas, Sansha, Angel, Serpentis and Blood Raider Sentry Guns) have 250 km aggression range and for the record, much less tracking, like ~33 WAS.

I did find this post from 2014 on "range" for sentry guns, which I haven't verified that it still works like that (nor did I find any information about the 150km range referred to in that post anywhere in the linked references) so not sure where that comes from:
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:Case 2: the attack is not legal

1. X shoots illegal target Y (non-pirate) within 150 km of gate guns.
2. X gets shot by gate guns.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.07.12 11:14

I've seen multiple references to the 150km range thing (although nothing official from CCP themselves or their articles), and it's supposedly counted from the gate, station or whatever the sentry guns are assigned to protect, not from the actual sentry gun itself.

Needs verifying of course.
<<

Glen Burney

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.07.12 14:20

I have never tested any of that myself, but I was under the impression that
- the 150km range is from the gate / station, not the guns.
- if you cruise out under fire from guns, they will continue to hit you well to a great distance (like 500km+)
- they supposedly track VERY well. i guess it's possible you could mitigate some damage, but we would need a larger sample size

Of course this interests me greatly; if i had time I would test on sisi...
ImageImage
<<

Raido Kudonen

Portrait

Post 2017.07.13 16:02

I can confirm that the 150km range is from the gate/station, not the guns. I was under the impression they applied perfectly; more testing is needed on that point and on the continued aggro if you leave the 150km range without warping.
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.07.13 17:14

You test, I wiki? Deal? :)
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.07.13 17:16

Raido Kudonen wrote:I was under the impression they applied perfectly ...
The empire sentries have amazing tracking in the database, so 160 WAS rating means you have to drop that angular or sig way, way down for it to be noticeable ;)
<<

Azmodeus Valar

Portrait

Director of Finance
Director of Finance

Post 2017.07.13 17:44

The mentions of off grid bookmarks required and a 150 range are probably a holdover from older grid sizes. Both the wiki and sentries themselves probably weren't changed to reflect the new size.
Former:
<<

Alto DeRaqwar

Portrait

Post 2017.07.22 07:26

I suspect the 150km is the range for a warp; I'll need to test but I think it's the act of warping rather than the distance which makes the guns lose "targeting" on you.
Señor Personnel Officer

Image Image

Image Image Image
<<

Alto DeRaqwar

Portrait

Post 2017.07.22 08:31

Well it appears that you can just fly out of gate gun range; it seems to happen around 150km though I wasn't paying attention close enough to confirm.

Does anyone know the trigger that clears your ability to do suspect stuff around gate guns? I've been trying to reactive the guns to test other stuff but I can't get them to shoot me anymore. Even jumped into a new system and started shooting the gate and the gate guns didn't engage.
Señor Personnel Officer

Image Image

Image Image Image
<<

Alto DeRaqwar

Portrait

Post 2017.07.22 08:50

Ok figured it out; you have to do a new type of suspect trigger to get the guns going. In this case I went off and shot a station instead. Anyway I was able to test my warping theory by warping to a ping which was at 150km from the station at a range of 100km. This still put me within 50km of the guns which was in range when I was slowboating away from the guns. The guns disengaged indicating that both wrapping or getting 150km away will clear the gate guns.

Now I'm curious about these triggers; cause one of the triggers I used was to shoot my alt. And I was able to shot my alt; clear the guns and then we went to another system where I could still shot him without the guns activating. So it's actually possible to chase someone through multiple system if you have cleared guns with them previously. Be bloody hard to keep track off but does raise interesting possibilities.
Señor Personnel Officer

Image Image

Image Image Image
<<

Alto DeRaqwar

Portrait

Post 2017.07.22 09:18

Ok last post; once you lose your suspect timer it also clears your ability to not trigger guns by doing the same suspect trigger. In this case shooting my alt once I had lost my suspect timer caused the guns to reactivate if I tried shooting him again. Oh and weirdly no matter how you extend the timer UNTIL you lose the timer you can still do that same trigger; so I shot my alt and got the timer; then extended the timer by shooting a station and I could continue to shoot my alt without activating gate guns even though more than 15 mintues had passed since I originally shot him.

And it is 150km when the guns stop shooting you; though it appears to be 150km from the gate rather than the guns themselves. I wonder if that was because I used the gate to trigger the guns? I suspect it's more likely that the sphere of the trigger is center on either the gate or station rather than individual gate guns.
Señor Personnel Officer

Image Image

Image Image Image
Next

Return to Player vs Player Combat