SoE Epic Arc - Various questions

For questions about PVE, such as missions, anomalies and complexes.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
Marnuss

SoE Epic Arc - Various questions

Post by Marnuss »

Hello,

As I'm coming back to the game after a ~10 years break, I'm thinking of running the Sister of EvE Epic arc to both get re-acquainted with EvE and up my disastrous standing with the Gallente.
I'll also use this opportunity to fly ships I've never flown before such as Combat Interceptor and/or Tactical Destroyers.

I'll be away from a computer able to run EvE until the 25th December, so I've instead tried to plan for this SoE run. Especially how to run it as fast as possible.
I'm aware the SoE Epic arc is easy by design, but this questioning is more of a "how much can I optimize this" and learning about new type of ships.
TL;DR: I'm probably overthinking this, but I can't do anything else for now.

Doing some research to optimize the epic arc as much as possible I found THIS POST about the advised ships.
In summary:
  • Use one ship only: use T3 Tactical Destroyer
  • Use several ships: Use an interceptor (for warp speed), a ship able to haul 150+M3 for one mission and a "bigger" ship for the final boss.
The warp speed bonus of the Interceptor seem to make them more interesting than assault frigate, in these missions were fight are extremely easy.

For skills, it's easier to consider I'm roughly equal for all 4 inty and fit and the 2 Tactical Destroyers.
Spoiler
  • Amarr & Caldari destroyer to 5, Amarr & Caldari Tactical destroyer to 3 (waiting to see which is more interesting to up first).
  • Interceptor at 5, all 4 race frigate at 5
  • Small blaster & Railgun spe' at 5
  • Small pulse & beam laser spe' at 4
  • Rocket & Light missiles at 4
  • All small drones skills at 5
Based on this I have a few questions:
On Interceptor:
I don't know anything about combat interceptor (and my past knowledge are probably so obsolete they are more an hindrance than anything...) so I'm not sure which would be the better suited to run the Epic Arc.
Based on the EVE Uni wiki, the more efficient Inty here would be the Raptor (4 turret slots, 4 damage/DPS bonus) but I don't know if the Taranis would also be quite efficient (3 guns but two small drones in addition?).
Unfortunately I can't try to compare some fits for now (I just learned the sad news that EvE Fitting Tool can't be used anymore :( )
Any advice on which Inty to use?

About T3, Tactical Destroyers:
  • Am I right to understand that the difference in warp speed (8 vs 4.5 AU/S) make using an inty more interesting than a T3?
    Or does this warp speed difference won't have much impact overall?
  • For Tactical Destroyer, what would be most suited, a JackDaw or a Confessor?
    From what I could see Confessor is more of a "good in all" when the JackDaw is more of a "pre DPS" platform.
Thank you! :)
Evon R'al

Re: SoE Epic Arc - Various questions

Post by Evon R'al »

Wile EFT has ceased to exist, nowadays there is PYFA. See the wiki article about PYFA or Third-party tools for more info.