Mission runners from each faction + fitting question

For questions about PVE, such as missions, anomalies and complexes.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
Chris Halsky

Mission runners from each faction + fitting question

Post by Chris Halsky »

Hello,

Could you please recommend one Destroyer and one Cruiser from each faction which is suitable for mission running? Idea is to get the feel of the ship type, weapons it uses, generally to try it out - with lowest skills possible in missions. Destroyer and Cruiser do not need to share weapon type - it might be different. It's preferable (but not required) to have decent tank, DPS is not so important. Detailed fits arte also not needed now - I'll figure them out later.

Currently I'm thinking about:
Caldari - Cormorant and Caracal
Gallente - Algos and Vexor
Amarr - Coercer and Omen
Minmatar - Thrasher and Rupture

What do you think?

Edit: I posted fits below in next posts - please comment.

Best,

Chris
Last edited by Chris Halsky on 2020.07.06 22:18, edited 3 times in total.
Hivaa Saitsuo!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
O'b Haru Sen
Title: Sophomore

Re: Mission runners from each faction

Post by O'b Haru Sen »

For what it's worth, I would have chosen the exact same ships.

In most cases there are viable alternatives as well (e.g. Talwar, Maller).
Chris Halsky

Re: Mission runners from each faction + fitting question

Post by Chris Halsky »

After some tinkering in Pyfa, I came up with two fits - for Caracal and Vexor. Rest will come later, I hope, but if you could comment/help with these, I would be greatful. Asking in PvE forum, as these fits violate rules from fitting forum :)

Both fits are for mission running (in fleet), low SP, cheap as possible - training for skills required is around 7-8 days for Alpha from zero SP - so new player can fly them (inneficiently, I know) after week or less of training. And skills required are the beginnng of BLAP DD, so in theory new player in these fits wil train BALP to the end, to upgrade them to proper ones.

Caracal fit:
Spoiler
[Caracal, Caracal lowSP]

Damage Control I
Ballistic Control System I

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Enduring Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

Experimental SV-2000 Rapid Light Missile Launcher, Scourge Light Missile

Medium EM Shield Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defense Field Purger I
Rather straightforward fit for Caracal. With skills that I have in mind, it gets 91,2 DPS, at 38km, with 23k EHP. Without drones on purpose.

Vexor:
Spoiler
[Vexor, Vexor lowSP]

Damage Control I
Co-Processor I
400mm Steel Plates I
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

250mm Railgun I
250mm Railgun I
[Empty High slot]
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium EM Shield Reinforcer I
Medium Thermal Shield Reinforcer I

Hammerhead I x5
Hobgoblin I x5
Vexor turned out strange, and here I do not know how to fix it. It has 90,8 DPS with 4 drones and 24,1 DPS from rails at 24+12km (Lead). What I had in mind with this fit:
1. Only 4 of Light/Medium drones (low SP)
2. Shield tank, as repairer did not fit, and logi is not available (missions)
3. Rails to get high-ish range - but couldn't fit 3 of them
4. Steel plates in the low slot, because I had space, and it doesn't hurt (and I had no idea what else to put there)

So in the end I have mixed tank (better than Caracal though), no Heavy drones, one empty high - I have a feeling it's a bad fit, and should be improved as soon as skills are there - but again, as low SP as feasible to run mission in it. Right now it will be ok - but if there is a way to improve it while still keeping low SP requirement - let me know.

Best,

Chris
Hivaa Saitsuo!
Edhin Delphiki

Post by Edhin Delphiki »

Chris Halsky wrote: Vexor turned out strange, and here I do not know how to fix it. It has 90,8 DPS with 4 drones and 24,1 DPS from rails at 24+12km (Lead). What I had in mind with this fit:
1. Only 4 of Light/Medium drones (low SP)
2. Shield tank, as repairer did not fit, and logi is not available (missions)
3. Rails to get high-ish range - but couldn't fit 3 of them
4. Steel plates in the low slot, because I had space, and it doesn't hurt (and I had no idea what else to put there)

So in the end I have mixed tank (better than Caracal though), no Heavy drones, one empty high - I have a feeling it's a bad fit, and should be improved as soon as skills are there - but again, as low SP as feasible to run mission in it. Right now it will be ok - but if there is a way to improve it while still keeping low SP requirement - let me know.
1. Getting Drones to V is definitely a recommendation here to get you a full flight as you have 75 mbit of bandwidth for drones.
2. Passive shield Vexor is probably more ideal for mission running if you watch your distance to your targets. I used Vexors for a while for L2 missions.
3. You have two large shield extenders. If you make those medium shield extenders instead then you should have more fitting space. If you run out of CPU, a Processor Overclocking rig can help there.
4. A third drone damage amplifier if you are relying on your drones for most of your damage or two drone damage amplifier and two magnetic field stabilizer each would help with damage application.

Determine the range at which you can control your drones and then ensure that you have an ammo type that can engage close to the drones maximum range. Having different ranges of hybrid ammo will help you apply damage at the appropriate falloffs. The drone bay is 125m^3, so you should think about getting skills to be able to have different types of drones available. I think I flew with 4 light drones, 3 medium drones, and 3 heavy drones back then for various sized ships. You can mix and match your drones into what some call a "snack pack", but I tend to just apply one type at a time based upon the speed and size of the target.

Hope this helps,
Edhin
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Gergoran Moussou

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

Drones V is a skill that you want ASAP.

Progression in missioning ships should probably look something like this as you start to afford new ships:

Vexor -> Myrmidon -> Gila

Gila is probably the only cruiser that I would run L4 missions with, above any battlecruiser.

Don't mix tank. Either run armor with application mods in mids or shield with damage mods in lows. Mixing tank only works in a few very niche situations and missions are not one of them. Your goal is to make stuff for fast so that you can make money. Dual-tanking either unnecessarily lowers your damage or unnecessarily lowers your application (turret tracking, drone speed, missile radius/velocity), which stops you from doing this as easily. You can think of this as a form of tank as well: if you kill something faster, it doesn't have as much time to damage you.
Former E-Uni FC (LSC/WHC).

Chris Halsky

Post by Chris Halsky »

Edhin, Gergoran - thanks for feedback. I really appreciate it, and I would normally take it into consideration. That was the point why I was asking - I would not mix tanks normally. Still, it's not for me - goal of this fit is to be able to fly it ASAP in L3 mission fleet - that's why it assumes Drones IV (as V takes some time), and that's why it adds little Armor instead of next DDAs - 2k EHP instead of 11 DPS seems like a good trade-off for me (and I will be blamed when these ships explode :) )

But point taken - if someone will fly it for me, and if it will be successful, and if I will run such crazy idea again, then I'll stick to shield only.

Best,

Chris
Hivaa Saitsuo!
Edhin Delphiki

Post by Edhin Delphiki »

Chris Halsky wrote:Still, it's not for me - goal of this fit is to be able to fly it ASAP in L3 mission fleet
If you have low SP, taking the Vexor into an L3 might prove a challenge on some missions. A possible suggestion here is to move into a Myrmidon with lower SP. You would have more fitting possibilities to support a heavier tank than the Vexor.

Warm Regards,
Edhin
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
devilliers Ovaert

Post by devilliers Ovaert »

could I get one of the vexors I have the skills to fly one, but I will check the other skills also required