Basic combat sites.

For questions about PVE, such as missions, anomalies and complexes.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
Simone Segouin

Basic combat sites.

Post by Simone Segouin »

I have been a bit confused about finding easy combat sites. What can I do once I've scanned down a WH with my Icursus? I can scan down well, mark and use safe spots, and enter and leave. What and where can I find combat sites with my Catalyst and no scanner? Just the easy ones now!
Byron Thani

Re: Basic combat sites.

Post by Byron Thani »

You can use the agency window to find LV 1 and LV2 combat sites in normal space.
I ordered the Code Red.
ImageImageImage
Aren Dar
Title: Senior Diplomat, Graduate

Post by Aren Dar »

Simone Segouin wrote:I have been a bit confused about finding easy combat sites. What can I do once I've scanned down a WH with my Icursus? I can scan down well, mark and use safe spots, and enter and leave. What and where can I find combat sites with my Catalyst and no scanner? Just the easy ones now!
If you are referring to combat sites inside the wormhole; then those are summarised on page here (both the anoms and the ones you scan down): https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Wormhole_sites

They vary according to the class of your wormhole, but I can't think of any that could be done in a solo catalyst - if you look at the site details it should tell you what to expect in terms of incoming damage per second (DPS).
Akira Zendragon

Post by Akira Zendragon »

With a Catalyst and and no scanner, you're probably talking about Combat Anomalies. The wiki has details on the various sites: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Combat_sites#Anomalies

As Byron mentioned, you can find them in the "Agency" window, under "Exploration" -> "Combat Anomalies", or something similar. They also show up in- system as green boxes and in your probe scan window they're automatically listed even without having probes.
Incursions Officer
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Simone Segouin

Post by Simone Segouin »

So the level ones and twos in regular space I can solo in a Cat? The Combat sites in WHs no?
Ramong Pares
Title: Freshman

Post by Ramong Pares »

You should know that combat sites can divided up into two subcategories, combat anomalies and combat signatures. The combat anomalies are generally easier and don't have to scan down, while the signatures are a bit tougher and needs to be scanned down with probes.

You should be able to clear the first two classes of combat anomalies in a Catalyst.

Wormholes are for advanced players and should not be attempted in a destroyer ship.
Xanne Ashlander

Post by Xanne Ashlander »

Ramong Pares wrote:
Wormholes are for advanced players and should not be attempted in a destroyer ship.
Come down to WHC and we'll teach you all about those scary wormholes!