Unable to find level 2 security missions

For questions about PVE, such as missions, anomalies and complexes.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
Stewart Vermillion

Unable to find level 2 security missions

Post by Stewart Vermillion »

Good Afternoon,

I'm having trouble finding any Level 2 Security Agent missions. My highest standings are:

1.98 Federal Navy Academy
1.95 University of Caille

When I use "The Agency" search tool, the game will display a handful of level 2 Distribution Agent missions for the above but nothing for Security Agent.

So I'm currently stuck doing level 1 security missions over and over.

Any recommendations would be great.

Stewart
Between each ticking of the clock, long centuries pass in universes hidden from our own.
Arkady Marten

Re: Unable to find level 2 security missions

Post by Arkady Marten »

As far as I can tell, there are no Security Agents at any level for the two NPC corps that you mentioned. Most likely because both are starter corps (the ones new characters start in). I assume you ran the career missions for them at some point in the past, which might be the reason you have high standings with them.

Who are you running L1 security missions for at present? And I assume your Gallente Federation standings are not yet at 1.0 or higher, correct? (Otherwise you would have access to all L2 mission agents in Gallente corps automatically.)

You may just have to work your way up for now. Doing L1s is definitely a bit of a grind. The other option would be to take part in a L4 mission fleet sometime. You can join that in just a basic T1 cruiser, and because the whole fleet shares the standings increases, it will get your own standings up very quickly so that you are then able to run L2s and even L3s solo in no time.
Arin Mara
Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post by Arin Mara »

Arkady is absolutely right.

If you like doing Missions I suggest you consider raising your Faction Standing. You can read more about it on the Wiki Mission Page and Mission adjacent Pages: NPC Standings, Epic Arcs, COSMOS, Career Agents and Data Center.
Anidien Dallacort
Director of Education
Director of Education

Post by Anidien Dallacort »

Another suggestion - get a few levels of the skill “Connections”. That provides a bonus to your effective standings with entities you have positive standings with. You’ll be able to do level 2 missions very quickly with just about anyone, with a few levels in that skill - minimizing time spent in level 1 with new factions/corps.
Anidien Dallacort - Director of Education
Mentor, FC Team, Graduate

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Stewart Vermillion

Post by Stewart Vermillion »

Thank you for the excellent recommendations--I've done them all. I'm working on the Connections skill and last night I level-upped the Federation Navy NPC corp to 1.0 and L2 missions are now available.

I've put the L4 mission fleet on my to-do list.

Thanks again!

Stewart
Between each ticking of the clock, long centuries pass in universes hidden from our own.
Koris the Second

Post by Koris the Second »

Another thing you might want to consider - plan ahead when raising standings. Ask yourself some questions like: Which corp do you want to run L4 missions for? Does this corp have good agents next to where you stage from? Does this corp have a good LP store?

Don't just raise any random corp standing before doing some research on the issue.
Image Image