What NPCs pod you

For questions about PVE, such as missions, anomalies and complexes.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
Shazam Valentine

What NPCs pod you

Post by Shazam Valentine »

What NPCs pod players ?

Is there a list of what priates pod people in High Sec ?

Backstory: Yesterday, I was in my 'corax caldari destroyer' attempting to fulfil some of the 'Winter Nexus' events. Not knowing any better, I jumped into a Priate stronghold site. My screen froze. My ship got warp scrambled. My cap got drained. I screamed, 'No No No'. The ship got destroyed and then I got podded. To make things worst, I didn't get credit for entering the 'combat site'.

Good stuff that resulted: 1. learned NPC pod.
2. learned how to setup QOS on my firewall, so eve-onlie is priortized traffic.

Losts 13m isk ship
299m isk implants 4 - level 4 see.

PS I have a petition for this. Sorry, if I sound a little salty.

Petition:
Hi, I am a new player.

I jumped into a pirate site attempting to fulfill the requirements on the Winter Nexus.

Upon arriving to the Pirate area, I seem to have lagged out. My active shield hardener would not turn on. Also, my ship just froze in space.

I lost my new ship and all my level 4 implants. I am on a cable modem.

My son was watching 'home alone'. I think the movie streaming may have lagged out my connection.

How can this be remedied ?
Mike Kingswell

Re: What NPCs pod you

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Generally speaking it is very rare for NPCs to pod capsuleers.
"Normal" ones simply wont.

Exeptions are:
Triglavians, anything in Abysall Deadspace, some Sleepers, some rogue drones and sometimes Event NPCs.

Additionally: if you loose conection to the game your ship should normally warp off into a deadspace pocket and warp back into the location you were - being warpdistrupted or scrambled stops this from happening. Sadly for you I don't think there is anything to be done about that.

The only recommendations I do have are:

1) Don't undock your expensive learning implants. Use them in station when you "dock up for the night". As soon as you undock you are fair game for players and NPCs alike - HIghsec space is NOT SAVE. It only means whoever gets you will be retaliated against.
Golden Rule of EVE: "Don't undock what you can't afford to loose"

2) Make use of the EVE Uni +3 Implant programm to at least get some +3's cheaper

3) Don't take your loss to hard. EVE is a game and exploding is part of it. View ships more as "ammunition" than permanent assets.

fly safe o7
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Shazam Valentine

Post by Shazam Valentine »

Thanks for response. This make sense. It seems I know less than I thought I knew.

I need to learn how to store my implanted clone. I don't know how to do this at the moment.

Mike Kingswell wrote: 2021.12.10 14:16 Generally speaking it is very rare for NPCs to pod capsuleers.
"Normal" ones simply wont.

Exeptions are:
Triglavians, anything in Abysall Deadspace, some Sleepers, some rogue drones and sometimes Event NPCs.

Additionally: if you loose conection to the game your ship should normally warp off into a deadspace pocket and warp back into the location you were - being warpdistrupted or scrambled stops this from happening. Sadly for you I don't think there is anything to be done about that.

The only recommendations I do have are:

1) Don't undock your expensive learning implants. Use them in station when you "dock up for the night". As soon as you undock you are fair game for players and NPCs alike - HIghsec space is NOT SAVE. It only means whoever gets you will be retaliated against.
Golden Rule of EVE: "Don't undock what you can't afford to loose"

2) Make use of the EVE Uni +3 Implant programm to at least get some +3's cheaper

3) Don't take your loss to hard. EVE is a game and exploding is part of it. View ships more as "ammunition" than permanent assets.

fly safe o7
Tremitry Darkstar

Post by Tremitry Darkstar »

Shazam Valentine wrote: 2021.12.10 15:26 Thanks for response. This make sense. It seems I know less than I thought I knew.

I need to learn how to store my implanted clone. I don't know how to do this at the moment.
This requires having your jump clones stored in a player-built Upwell structure. All of the Eve University campuses have Upwell structures that you can do this at. All you need to do is fly your training clone to an upwell structure, install a new jump clone, and then jump into that clone while docked at the same structure the clone as at. Doing this allows you to avoid the 24 hour jump clone cooldown. And now, you're in a clean clone and "safe" to go do your content. When you're ready to log off, you dock back up at the same Upwell station, and then jump back into your training clone (the clone with your training implants).

The wiki explains some of this: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Jump_clo ... activation. But it does not go too much into detail specifically about how to utilize a training clone.
-Tremitry Darkstar