[Smash And Grab] A Crow adventure with the Guristas

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Batto Ashitaka

Portrait

Post 2019.11.12 00:02

[Smash And Grab] A Crow adventure with the Guristas

During this (short) peace time I saw a lot of unistas running epic missions for the Sisters of Eve.
I noticed in the agency I could too accomplish something epic...k for the fearsome Guristas !
This adventure taking place in null sec I couln't take my usual ships. I opted to fly an interceptor.
Looking for a way to configure my ship, Asuka Rossi shared with me a fit for a Crow.

[Crow, Crow]
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
EM Ward Amplifier II
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger
Medium Shield Extender II

Light Missile Launcher II

Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I

This fit was for travel with launchers offflined. When doing the actual missions the stabilizers are swapped for 2 Micro Auxiliary Power Core I and the missiles launchers can then be onlined.

As i wasn't as skilled with missiles I tweaked the fit a bit :

[Crow, Caw Caw]
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
EM Ward Amplifier II
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger
Medium Shield Extender II

Arbalest Compact Light Missile Launcher,Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile

The agent proposing me this mission was a Gallentean based in Orvolles.
I was tasked to covertly work with the Guristas against our common ennemies, the evil Caldari !

Asuka came along to enjoy the guristas company as well.
As Asuka received the mission in Taisy we formed up ther and flew to H-PA29 IV - Moon 2 - Guristas Assembly Plant.
It was a long way, passing by a lawless space where ships get blown up just for passing through.
But we were fearless and warped gate to gate, not letting the local take time to react to the Crows.

After a calm journey we started the first mission : Ambushing some miners.
I was lucky as I didn't need to move to another system. Asuka needed to travel a bit.

As soon as the ships arrived I warped to a nearby asteroid, then I started to orbiting at 25km away from my targets with my microwarpdrive on and started shooting.
I kept checking my D-scan for combat probes and nearby ships.
Wave by waves the miners were dropping like flies to the mighty crow. Before my speed their weapons were useless and soon the last of them perished.

For the next mission I had to do some sabotage. As I warped in I saw dozens of mine ready to explose.
Asuka explained to me the easy way to avoid the mine was to orbit the acceleration gate until I was in the other side and approached it.
Nice advice asuka, thoses mines were indeed all concentrated on one side of the gate, whoever placed them needs a brain transplant.
In the second room I orbited at 25km of the Assembly Station DC105-A structure while shooting it. Once destroyed I rushed to get a blueprint and warped off before the ennemy could catch me.

Once this mission completed, asuka and me traveled together to 6NJ8-V VII - Moon 2 - Guristas Logistic Support.
Apart from a few interceptors the systems we passed threw where empty.
For the next mission we had to hack. Once again Asuka and me went into separate systems.

I made here my first mistake: I forgot to online my launchers and noticed it only 6 jumps away from the station. Well. In order to be safe it was decided I wait with asuka while he was doing his hack and then he would watch my back.
While waiting I saw a few ships passing through the system on D-scan: A luxury yacht and a tengu.

During my turn to run the mission I just orbited at 500 m of the can while hacking, grabbed the loot and warped off quick enough that the ships guarding it could not do any noticeable damage.
on the way back to 6NJ8-V we crossed path with a small gang. They chased us for a few system but a wolf and a bifrost cannot catch Crows.

on the next mission I made my second mistake. I had to destroy some fuel depot.
Once I warped in I killed the ships that were guarding the acceleration gate. Once in I started orbiting the depots and shoot at them.
Once my objective completed, as I was in the process of leaving the site I suddently got warp disrupted.
As I saw my shield going down fast I panicked. I tried leaving quickly but I got webbed too. I should have watch for the frigates that could point and web me an stay away from them as well as my target !

It is then that I lost my poor crow. Well, with only a pod on me I decided to travel back to the agent and complete my mission. I was fortunatly able to buy another Crow and second fit in the area.

The next mission reminded me of my first day as a capsuleer: I was tasked to fly a shuttle, load some bomb and blow up a carrier.
After insuring my vaillant shuttle I went and accomplished the task. I bookmarked the carrier's wreck to loot it afterward with my Crow.

For the next mission I had to do a Threat assesment and report to Irichi Tsunikabda in PF-QHK VII - Moon 6 - Guristas Logistic Support.

Then I had to 'deliver' a Dread Guristas Strike Force into an ennemy base. As I warped in I destroyed the Ytiri Security Bunker to gain access to the Ytiri Storage Warehouse.

Once I dropped the strike team, ennemies started to come by waves. I simply ran away and orbited them a 100km while the Dread guristas did their dirty work. Once the objective completed I flew to my next mission : Retrieving Lieutenant Kipo “Foxfire” Tekira.

Once I warped on site 12 sentries started to attack me. I saw my shield taking noticeable damage so to lessen the incoming fire I orbited one sentry located at a corner at 25km and striked back. The sentries dropped quickly one by one.
Once the sentries destoyed, the acceleration gate appeared.
As I landed in the second room I noticed a Statis tower webbed me down heavily. I orbited it at 25km and focused it. Once down I could regain my normal speed and destoyed the Caldari Point Defense Battery. This removed the forcefield protecting the storage bunker. Once the bunker blown up I took Foxfire with me and delivered him to my agent.

The agent did some 'modifications' to Foxfire. For the last mission I had to deliver the man to his gang. Once delivered he... blown up ?! And took a base with him !
I didn't wait for the hostile in place to lock me down as I slided the acceleration gate.

Inside some ships were waiting for me.
I killed one who ecm'd me and then killed an elite frigate. This triggere another wave of ennemy. I killed a cruiser and a third wave came.
As I was atrtacking the Ronin battlecruiser I noticed I noticed my shield going down. It was the destoyers who dealt most of the damage. I decided to get away to stop my shield from going down then, once in good health I stared to kill the destoyers one by one to be able to kill the battlecruiser in peace.
The battlecruiser was boosting his shield a lot and with my ammo starting to get scarce I called Asuka for help. together we were able to make a quick work of the ship and completed the mission.

Happy to get my Gila blueprint I switched my fit back to travel mode and with asuka we went on our way back to amy.
40 jumps to go with a good part through null sec.

We flew like the wind with our Crows, rushing from gates to gates.
Then the murder of crows occured.

Landing at a gate I see several battleships. I see Asuka screaming on comms, then my ship goes red. Then my capsule.
The Crow is a mighty ship. He laughs at bubbles and smiles at hunting parties.
But the crow is just a prey to the smartbombing gate camp...

https://zkillboard.com/kill/79844711/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/79844719/

So long Gila bpc it was short but I loved our time together !

What I learned from this little adventure is the joy of flying an interceptor and the power of tanking through speed.
Next time I'll be more careful of the ships that can disrupt me.
I'll remember to turn my weopons on when switching from travel fit to combat fit.
I'll also train to T2 launcher to be able to have enough dps to solo the last mission.
And last but not least : I'll know what system to avoid on the way back :)

Despite the tragic end I enjoyed this epic adventure. It was a lot of fun and I recommend others to do it as well

Thanks a lot to Asuka, you were of a great help !
<<

Anidien Dallacort

Portrait

Post 2019.11.12 00:14

Re: [Smash And Grab] A Crow adventure with the Guristas

Nice writeup! Sorry to hear about the loss in the end. But remember you can do the epic arcs again, 90 days after finishing them (and no need to hold off for Peace to do it, in null sec they don’t need war to blow you up!)

Smart bombs are a great reason to warp within d-scan range of the gate first, check for a camp (barrow your d-scan cone and point it at the gate) then fly in after confirming the lack of a possibly smart bombing camp.
<<

Celine en Chasteaux

Portrait

Post 2019.11.12 07:52

Good read, thanks for the write-up!
<<

Asuka Rossi

Portrait

Post 2019.11.13 03:19

Nice aar for this adventure! the comeback i feeled too much safe and we payed for that. The first time i've doen the arc i checked the route for avoid that issue with http://eve-gatecheck.space/eve/ and i was overcautious but this time i forgot it....
Btw i hope was a good learning experience, the fit works well for what it needs to do. Im sad that u lost the gila bpc, ive done it for the standings mostly.
Btw lets see u in 3 months! :D
<<

Batto Ashitaka

Portrait

Post 2019.11.13 09:51

Yes Let's do it again in 3 month :)

I noticed that with only one time the epic arc I have more standing with the Gurista than with the Gallente, I guess I'm a pirate now !

Landing somewhere on D-scan range is a good tip I didn't thought about.

It's ok for the Gila blueprint loss. While it would have been nice to get it, I have decided to do this arc mostly for the content and challenge.

For next time I may try to create a safe spot or two in each system on the way beforehand.
<<

Falling Snow KumaMoto

Portrait

Assistant Production Manager
Assistant Production Manager

Post 2019.11.13 15:08

Batto Ashitaka wrote: ....
For next time I may try to create a safe spot or two in each system on the way beforehand.

I did this on my way out. It was a real pain in my nether regions, but it saved me from several gate camps on my way home, and of course will make the trip way safer the second time. Did you try the Angel arc? I like the content, but it's a little painful that these pirate arcs cost you empire standing, just as the empire arcs often cost you pirate standing.
ImageImage Image ImageImage
<<

Batto Ashitaka

Portrait

Post 2019.11.14 00:16

Falling Snow KumaMoto wrote:Did you try the Angel arc? I like the content, but it's a little painful that these pirate arcs cost you empire standing, just as the empire arcs often cost you pirate standing.

Not yet, I need to get the relevant standing (with my current standings minamatar should be the quickest to farm).
I'll definitely try the angel one (and the empires starting with gallente). The story behing the gursita arc was really interesting, can't wait to see what the angel cartel have in store for me !

I'm now negative with caldari (-0.something). I could try a 'repair standing plan' I found on the eve forum (But seems to take a lot of time) or just wait the end of the month to redo the SOE epic arc to boost my caldari standing.

One thing I forgot to mention that would be of note for people attempting the arc : both Asuka and me were tight on ammo. Be very conservative with your ammunition (and if fitted like us just warp out before taking too much damage to have your shield up). Bring as many ammunition as you can. I noticed the Compact Micro Auxiliary Power Core take much less cargo space than the T1. with my meta launcher I could fit one and a T2 to have more ammo. I need to try if I can stay fitted like this with T2 launchers as this would be a good tip to get as many missiles as possible in a very limited cargo space.
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2019.11.19 16:57

Hi,

nice story with an unfortunate end - sorry for that... maybe having all the loot in one inty and letting the other fly as a +1 would have been a good idea... and of course check the route with either gatecheck or just look for for kills on the route on dotlan... if you see a chokepoint system with kills in sov-null there's a good chance that it's a gatecamp...

As for the arc itself - I am a big fan of doing both pirate epic arcs in a PvE fit Tristan with a mobile depot to fit into a travel fit with cloak & MWD and some warp core stabs... not interdiction nullified but if you avoid to warp from gate to gate it is usually ok...
Also obviously no ammo problems - might take a few spare drones... with my fairly ok skills it can do the arc solo...

I now have one at each of the pirate epic arc nullsec starting points and either clonejump or use a travelceptor to get there...

Zoltan

Return to Player vs Environment