Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

London 1941

Portrait

Post 2019.11.07 17:58

Lost + Found

Lost.

A big pile of drones. Answer to the name "^##!".

I've dropped a dozen this week and completely spaced picking them up. I can't be the only noob who is excited when the ore hold is full.

Working on it.
<<

Anidien Dallacort

Portrait

Post 2019.11.07 20:34

Re: Lost + Found

We’ve all done it!

If you can get back within control range of them (I.e. if you left them on an asteroid belt, go back to the belt), you can right click on your capacitor and select “Reconnect to Lost Drones”. This will put them back under your control.

You can also right click on an uncontrolled drone and Scoop to Cargo Hold to pick them back up.

If you left them in a mission pocket (or anomaly or other empty space) and that pocket is now gone (I.e. you completed the mission), you can still scan them down with Combat Probes, If you want to take the time to get them back. Remember combat probes require an Expanded Probe Launcher.

It’s also a good idea to bookmark your mission pockets, for many reasons. Even if you turn in the mission, you can always warp back to your bookmark, where your drones will be waiting with glares and condemnation for leaving them behind.
<<

London 1941

Portrait

Post 2019.11.08 00:10

Anidien:

Thanks so much! I'm going to keep my session locations ( so far pretty random) in a "scratch" folder so I can go back and get them!

I dont know why I haven't been bookmarking the "tonight I'm here" locations. I follow the guide and scout my systems, have "safe" spots, gate scan location, instadocks ... I'm sure the stuff all good pilots do by habit. Marking where I am mining tonight? Clueless.

Thanks again!
<<

Celine en Chasteaux

Portrait

Post 2019.11.08 08:49

Recommend setting up keyboard shortcuts too if they're not already.

I have:

G = Go/Launch
F = Attack
R = Return

So found I was losing fewer of them by getting in the habit of G at the start and R at the end of the fight.
<<

London 1941

Portrait

Post 2019.11.08 19:53

celine -

Super helpful. Thanks so much.

The Hot Keys (which I have tended to ignore) really help me avoid the dropped drone syndrome. Great tip.
<<

Maximos Ceasar

Portrait

Post 2019.11.14 06:32

Thanks Celine. Super helpful!

Return to Player vs Environment