Independence Combat Site

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Musashi Kensei

Portrait

Post 2019.08.22 20:11

Independence Combat Site

Recently I have been doing exploration in NullSec and I have been coming across the Independence combat sites. I would like to complete these but I can't seem to find a ship/fit to do it in. I've seen some youtube videos of people flying T3 cruisers but the guy in the video said it was overkill to use it and those are a little out of my reach at the moment anyway. I was hoping to find out if there is a ship I can fly now that would be capable of doing it. I have access up to battleships and only for Gallente.
<<

Adam Ironborn

Portrait

Post 2019.11.13 07:02

Re: Independence Combat Site

You can do them in Dominix as far as I know. Reactive Armor Hardener instead of Damage Control Unit (although mind that RAC will only provide you resists for armor but not to shields or hull so you should be vigilant if you cannot sustain armor and prepare to warp off) so RAC can arrange your resist on the ship according to the incoming damage type and good resists against drone damage type will help you to survive on top of Large Armor Repairer. Have selection of drones in your bay. From light to heavy. For mids you can go for some Omnidirectional tracking to enhance tracking and range of heavy drones if you want to use them against all ship sizes. A cap battery and a booster will also help you to sustain your capacitor for running the repairs and hardeners. MJD and/or a propulsion module may help you to position your ship to an optimal location to snipe the drones from distance.

Independence Information : https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Independence
This suggests omni damage type from drones. Normally they do EM/Thermal if i remember correctly but the missile silos also deal Kinetic/Explosive in some rooms. So having a good omniresist tank will be very helpful for drones (Omniresist means having a similar resistance percentage for all kind of damages without any damage type hole at the resists)
Also there are scram/webber elite frigates in the rooms so you should primary them to kill them first so you can get away when you need to (if you do not have MJD or have 2-3 min cooldown period for MJD)

Dominix Independence Example Fit
SPOILER WARNING!
[Dominix, Independence Example Fit]
Reactive Armor Hardener
1600mm Steel Plates II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Large Armor Repairer II

Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Large Cap Battery II
Large Micro Jump Drive
100MN Afterburner II

425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
[Empty High slot]
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Anti-Explosive Pump I
Large Trimark Armor Pump I
Large Trimark Armor Pump I

Federation Navy Ogre x5
Imperial Navy Curator x5
Acolyte II x5
Infiltrator II x5

Tracking Speed Script x2
Spike L x1600
Optimal Range Script x2

You may switch to Heavy Capacitor Booster instead of Large Cap Battery if you want more capacitor life that relies on Cap Booster charges.
Trimark rigs give you a bit of buffer tank to sustain your armor more but if you prefer more repairing power instead of buffer you can go for repair rigs as well. I prefer buffer in this situation. Where you can use T2 you can go for T2 drones instead of Navy and vice versa. T2 ones have better DPS but Navy ones have better tank. Curator has a good range and you can use MJD to locate yourself 100km away from the enemies and hit them from distance with sentry drones. Ogres are for close by battleship targets so they can melt them quickly. Acolytes for elite frigates and Infiltrators for elites "if" you have good tracking. T2 Railguns are for attracking the enemies attention and providing additional DPS. If you cannot use T2 version you can use T1 meta with long range ammunition as well, but also have Antimatter for closeby battleships. One tracking and one range script will be useful but you can go for double tracking or double range when you need. Any t2 module can be swapped by T1 meta if you cannot use them. But I suggest to keep T2 armor modules if you can and RAC will modify your resist types depeding on the incoming damage by enemies so after a short time you will have adequate resist type for the whole room. T1 rigs are fine and T2 armor rigs are just too expensive so i suggest using T1 rigs for this.
My former EUNI character : Ersin Oghuz
<<

Falling Snow KumaMoto

Portrait

Assistant Production Manager
Assistant Production Manager

Post 2019.11.13 15:04

That's an interesting, cheap fit for an omni-tank domi. I'm going to try that, thanks Ersin!

I haven't had great luck using my own "buffed active" tanks on my pve missioning ships. If it doesn't work out, I might switch the 1600mm plate and the trimark rigs for a Damage Control II and Auxiliary Nano rigs, to beef up repair EHP/s, but this gives you less time to align and warp out (and pick up drones) when your tank isn't holding, so no Netflix during PvE.

The repairer is a good opportunity for first bling on that fit. A dark blood large armor repairer costs a few isk (way less than the hull costs), but it gets you more repairs and frees up CPU, allowing a third gun with decent fitting skills even if you have to meta down to 425mm prototype gauss while training those Magic 14 or Large Hybrid Turrets V.
ImageImage Image ImageImage
<<

Rayni Ptarth

Portrait

Post 2019.11.13 15:36

I haven't run the site myself, but looking at the rat ship stats and the site makeup, it looks about as dangerous T4 mission. That being the case, using a BC (i.e., Myrmidon or Brutix) that kites should work. You'll have close to the same drone load and fit as the above Dominix, just down scaled a little. Drone range around 60km and keeping at 40-60km from the mass should work out. It will be slower, but BCs are much cheaper and faster than the BB.

What ships and fits were you trying and failing with?

Return to Player vs Environment