Crimson Harvest Guide (from the test server)

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Zeerse Solaris

Portrait

Post 2018.10.22 08:22

Crimson Harvest Guide (from the test server)

Disclaimer:

By the time I got around to logging into Sisi to look at the Crimson Harvest event for my Teaching Tuesday this week, it had been and gone (seems like CCP ran the event in it's timed box window to finish ahead of going live, probably because the event finishing is something testable in itself).

So this is second hand information from Youtube guides that others have put up and I will credit below. It's always subject to change from Sisi to TQ too.

Mining Site:

Beacon - Crimson Harvest Field
Suitable Ships: for solo mining even a venture is suitable as only normal belt rats will occasionally spawn much like other deadspace mining. Orcas, barges and exhumers can all enter the sites.

Important: if you (or perhaps someone else who wants to drive you off the site or just wants to kill the rats etc.) destroys one of the Deathglow Harvest Silos, additional rats will spawn - a battleship, a couple of cruisers/destroyers/frigates. If all three Silos are destroyed, it spawns a wave with twice the number of rats.
At this point, if you're in a mining ship you should be prepared to warp out, perhaps if someone is killing the rats you may avoid aggression but we don't know yet (all the youtube guides are by someone solo).

Important: if you want to mine the ore to make accelerators, make sure you have checked 'deadspace asteroids' in your overview. Testing view is that it need to be T1 strip miners for barges/exhumers as the ore doesn't match against existing ore types to let you use crystals.

One guide says it's possible to despawn the beacon by killing the rats and coming back to mine after bookmarking the site. While I am sure that is true, typically there is a timer for despawn once it's complete and any players leave the site so it may despawn after a set time even if you're still in it mining, it may even despawn after a set time if someone stays.

Damage types to tank against: EM/Thermal - battleships do a higher degree of EM.
Damage type to deal: EM (so Amarr drones)
Rat effects: Webs and Neuts

Don't forget normal gameplay applies, even if you're in high sec and we aren't at war you could be at risk from gankers, and I don't doubt as with every event now, they'll be suspect flashy baiters trying to get you to engage them, either to kill you outright or they will come back and shoot you under the limited engagement timer.

I'd suggest given they are beacons and you're easily found, a procurer would be safer.

Combat Ships:
The youtubers often run these in overpowered things, but the suggestions look very similar to a T1 Battlecruiser wormhole fit in terms of countering neuts, so either a passive regen tank or something like ancillary reps/boosters. Rats spawn at the range of the silos (sniping range)
Last edited by Zeerse Solaris on 2018.10.23 18:37, edited 2 times in total.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
<<

Zeerse Solaris

Portrait

Post 2018.10.22 10:10

Re: Crimson Harvest Guide (from the test server)

Combat Sites:

Beacon - Crimson Gauntlet

Damage types to tank against: EM/Thermal - battleships do a higher degree of EM.
Damage type to deal: EM (so Amarr drones)
Rat effects: Webs and Neuts

Initial Spawn:
2-4 Frigates - Deathglow Bottomfeeders (webs)
No specific trigger for next wave (which will spawn anyway if you take too long)

2nd Wave:
1-2 Cruisers - Deathglow Filthrakers (neuts)
No specific trigger for next wave (which will spawn anyway if you take too long)

3rd Wave:
1-2 Cruisers - Deathglow Filthrakers (neuts)
Trigger: destroy a Cookhouse Shielding Projector

4th Wave:
1 Battlecruiser - Deathglow Splendorcook - will always drop a cerebral accelerator BPC

5th Wave:
2-3 Frigates - Deathglow Bottomfeeders (webs)
1 Destroyer - Deathglow Brainjuicer
1-3 Cruisers - Deathglow Filthrakers (neuts)
1-2 Battleships - Deathglow Scumlord

It looks like rats spawn at long range 80km + so you either need to burn to them to brawl or be able to snipe as they come in. One tester's advice is to use short range with webs as the frigs are fast moving and difficult to track.

All rats can drop booster drugs, cold iron skins, and faction loot, so it is worth bringing an MTU. There is no information on what type of salvage is provided.

One tester says that occasionally 'normal' blood raider rats sometimes replace the event rats, Blood Raider Sages and Priests will neut, some others with 'Elder' in their names can weapon disrupt and also target drones.
<<

Zeerse Solaris

Portrait

Post 2018.10.22 10:23

Most of the information from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oExQKuBVJg which was helpful
<<

Tau Hopper

Portrait

Post 2018.10.22 11:53

Thanks a lot for the detailed information, Zeerse!

I've been checking some other videos and, while the particulars may change when the event goes live, building a Cerebral Accelerator will require a few more materials than those mined in the Crimson Harvest Fields.

For example, for a Basic 'Radiance' Cerebral Accelerator:

Planetary Materials:

1 x Synthetic Synapses
1 x Transcranial Microcontrollers

Materials:

1 x Electronic Link
1 x Data Processor
1 x Positron Cord
1 x Current Amplifier

Minerals:

42 x Chromodynamic Tricarboxyls

The latter are what the new ore can be refined into; and each BPC seems to be good for 5 runs.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7guRm7A0Cg&t=770s

UPDATE: the blueprint details can already be found in Tranquility, and producing an accelerator requires indeed one unit of each of the additional materials above. This is independent of whether a basic, standard, advanced or extended accelerator is manufactured – the only difference between them seems to be the amount of minerals needed.
Last edited by Tau Hopper on 2018.10.22 14:59, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Mike Kingswell

Portrait

Post 2018.10.22 12:34

o7 Thanks a lot!
ImageImageImage
<<

Dairek Alamari

Portrait

Post 2018.10.22 15:20

Thanks for the info. There will be a good chance to get BPCs etc, as it wasn't immediately intuitive that you had to destroy the structure at the gauntlet and I found many vacated during testing on SiSi with the beacons not gone as they thought all waves were completed.

Also in regards to the mining site, my memory is horrible, but I thought I experienced large waves based on proximity, and not necessarily aggression of the silo. I may be remembering wrong, but it is worthwhile to be cautious regardless.
<<

Liam Udan

Portrait

Post 2018.10.22 18:39

You should be able to take an Orca through the gate as delonewolf did so when testing in his video (https://youtu.be/FhrmJnjDDIE?t=1430), unless they make changes for live server release.

Return to Player vs Environment