Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Tasha Menne

Portrait

Post 2018.08.22 16:06

Ishtar Mission Fit

Hello,

I am trying to understand the pros and cons of swapping a shield module out in the context of the following fit that I would like to use for missions in high, low, or null. Drones would be damage appropriate for the mission type.

I am close to being able to run L3's, but would continue to run L4's if that is possible with an Ishtar. (Edited per the suggestion below.) :)

[Ishtar, Fishy Ishy]
Damage Control II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

10MN Afterburner II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Drone Link Augmentor II
200mm Prototype Gauss Gun
200mm Prototype Gauss Gun

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I
Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

I am cap stable with this fit.
I have 38,419 ehp with these shield resists:
39% EM
76% Thermal
91% Kinetic
70% Explosive
Hitpoint recovery rate is 61 hp/s
Shield hitpoints are 8,250

Removing one large shield extender and replacing it with a Pith B-Type EM Ward Field fixes the EM hole with the following effects:
ehp is somewhat reduced to 34,235
Shield resist for EM increases to 74% (the others remain the same as above).
The hitpoint recovery rate is significantly reduced to 37 hp/s.
The shield hitpoints are significantly reduced to 5,000.
The cost is significantly increased by about 65 mil.

Comments and feedback are appreciated.

- Tasha
Last edited by Tasha Menne on 2018.08.23 11:51, edited 4 times in total.
<<

Damien Maken

Portrait

Assistant Events Manager
Assistant Events Manager

Post 2018.08.22 20:44

Re: Ishtar Mission Fit

Mission level might be helpful for others :P
Damien Maken

Assistant Events Manager

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Erwin Madelung

Portrait

Post 2018.08.23 12:59

Re: Ishtar Mission Fit

Hi Tasha,

The fit is ok but you can improve some things:

• The Ishtar is a T2 cruiser and as such the hull alone costs around 270m for those it's basically always advisable to use T2 rigs.
  • As an HAC (heavy assault cruiser) it has following bonus "50% reduction in Microwarpdrive signature radius penalty". Your fit has a speed of 574m/s and a signature of 214m which gives a ration of 2.68. With a restrained MWD your speed is 1546m/s and the signature is 680m thus a ratio of 2.24. If the prop mod is off your ratio is about 1. While the AB is still better for speed tanking the MWD isn't much worse for a HAC. On the other hand you can move much faster in the sites with a MWD. But the MWD also has the capacitor penalty. Personally I would go with a MWD but there are also things that speak for an AB.
  • Judging from the numbers you wrote you simulated with omni damage. Rats usually do specific damage. Download Pyfa https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Pyfa https://github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa/releases and simulate with specific rat damage. Thus I would tend to one shield extender and two rat specific shield hardeners.
  • Your highslots: You have one highslot empty: why? Further, I don't think you need the Drone link augmentor because the ishtar has a bonus to drone operation range. Only case you might want it is for sniping with sentries. But then you fit the ship differently overall, I guess.

I have to go now but here two tries by me. One with a shield tank one with armor. I'll comment on them more later. (Edit: comment is now there.)

SPOILER WARNING!
[Ishtar, Ishtar missions shield tanked]

Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Gist X-Type Thermal Dissipation Field

Dual 150mm Railgun II, Spike M

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II
Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Wasp II x5
Warden II x5
Vespa II x5
Hornet II x5

Edit:
  • I change to only one hardener and added full drone loadout.
  • This fit then needs a 1% CPU implant (alternatively you can change one of the lowslots to compact).
  • Passive peak regen is 258 EHP/s against serpentis vs. 261 EHP/s of your fit. (I assume perfect skills for all numbers because the numbers scale the same for different skill.) But this fit has no damage control and shield power relays. The freed slots were used for 2x Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II which means better application of drones and Magnetic Field Stabilizer II which means more dps by the turrets.
  • Tank will always have trouble against EM. So any Sansha, Bloodraider, or Amarr NPCs. Consider armour there.
  • With Javelin and Wasps the fit reaches 900 dps. Although I would use Spike as default ammo or maybe T1 ammo. (Don't forget to bring ammo not added in this fit.)
  • Cap lasts for 4m40s at perfect skills and everything running. I don't see that as a problem as you won't have MWD and guns running all the time. With guns turned off but MWD on the fit is already stable. (Maybe I try a fit with projectiles later.)

SPOILER WARNING!
[Ishtar, Ishtar missions armour tanked]

Armor Thermal Hardener II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Medium Armor Repairer II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
Medium Cap Battery II
Cap Recharger II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Wasp II x5
Warden II x5
Vespa II x5
Hornet II x5

Edit:
  • Added full drone layout.
  • This fit has more repair tank but less buffer: The repairs are 414.9 EHP against serpentis. The buffer of above fit is 66.2k EHP vs the 27k EHP of this fit though.
  • Armour tank against expl might be difficult. So any Angel or Minmatar. Repairs against Angel are only 214.2 EHP/s even with 2 expl hardener fitted. Thus consider to use a shield tank there.
  • The DPS are 864 with Javelin. Thus a bit less. Again I would use Spike or T1 ammo.
  • Capacitor is stable with above fit. But I would actually consider to change the Cap Recharger II to another Omnidirectional Tracking Link II or a Drone Navigation Computer II. First if you find yourself using sentry drones often, second if you use heavy drones often.

Before I go just so much: It might be an idea to change the rails to projectile turrets which don't need cap and can choose the damage type to some extend. Tank and damage is against serp rats here as an example. A sniping sentry fit might also be an idea. But I think the classic fits don't work anymore because of a changed slot layout.

Edit2: I tried some projectile turrets. The medium artilleries use too much power grid and the autocannons are bad compared to the rails. Maybe for more sentry sniping orientited fits only 2 projectile and the other highs with drone link augmentors might be an option.

Return to Player vs Environment