Neut/Nos in PvE... does it work?

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Lunaria Veil (Biomassed 2018.04.15)

Portrait

Post 2018.02.26 22:34

Neut/Nos in PvE... does it work?

I'm getting conflicting information. I see PvE fits on the UniWiki that have energy neutralizers in them. I thought you couldn't neut rats? I have tried to use energy nosferatus on rats and the combat log shows "0 Gj taken from Serpentis xxxxx" so I'm wondering if that is right? Or am I missing something?
<<

DeanSherman

Portrait

Post 2018.03.02 14:23

Re: Neut/Nos in PvE... does it work?

NPC have capacitor, but they don't use it to activate modules, so neuts don't work.
Nos works if you have less cap than NPC, try to cap out yourself or use nos on bigger ship, and you need to be in nos range.
<<

Nama Saya

Portrait

Post 2018.07.25 12:48

Hi.

I was just on SiSi playing around with my Myr and got tacked in a belt by some NPC's. I forgot my drones and had no other weapons. Ship is equiped with 2x neut and 2x nos and an AB, I could not outrun them.

I broke the tackle by using my NEUT, so neuts do work on NPC ships.

Hope this helps.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.07.25 15:20

It's quite complicated these days, as there are multiple systems in effect.

Old NPCs (which make up for the bulk of NPCs in the game, like regular mission rats, belt rats etc) don't use cap at all (like Dean mentioned), so neuting them out means nothing. Yes, they lose cap, but nothing actually happens. Their warp disruption is a mere function with a chance, range and strength, so they can fail sometimes if their chance is less than 100% or they run out of range. A warp disruption with < 100% chance will ultimately fail a cycle at some point. The lower the percentage, the higher the chance obviously :)

New NPCs (like the diamond-shaped ones, burner missions and possibly the new event NPCs) have been redesigned to simulate capacitor usage, so a lot of them properly simulate cap needed and cap usage of their "fake modules" and thus behave much like regular ships and they can be neuted out effectively to stop them from repairing, warp disrupting etc.

So without knowing more about your experience Nama, it could either be one of the new NPCs (where the neuting did work) or an old NPC (and you simply got lucky with their percentage chanced tackle).

Return to Player vs Environment