Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Mystic Block

Portrait

Post 2018.07.11 17:59

Need advice on moving alot of ore

Hi Guys,

Very new to the game and looking for advice on moving alot of ore for a beginner alpha account, the venture is nowhere near enough and I may have accidentally tried to use a Kryos...

Thanks in advance.

PS if anyone wants a Kryos for cheap look me up lol :lol:
<<

Ethan Solum

Portrait

Post 2018.07.11 19:52

Re: Need advice on moving alot of ore

Hi!
And Welcome to both EVE and E-uni! :D

Depends on how much you are talking about. And where you are.
The "Miasmos" is a ship made for moving ore, so first you can try that.
And if you have access to a citadel with a refinery you can compress the ore so it takes a lot less space.

Hope this helps! :)
<<

Mystic Block

Portrait

Post 2018.07.12 08:45

Ethan Solum wrote:Hi!
And Welcome to both EVE and E-uni! :D

Depends on how much you are talking about. And where you are.
The "Miasmos" is a ship made for moving ore, so first you can try that.
And if you have access to a citadel with a refinery you can compress the ore so it takes a lot less space.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks I will look into it, going to need to start over with ships and items since i moved and don't particularly want to move my stuff over from 25 jumps away.

Will look into that ship and compressing ore would be a huge help too!

Have you got any advice for what to do now that im in Amy by the highsec campus, im looking for things to do to earn some isk and learn the game.
<<

Ethan Solum

Portrait

Post 2018.07.12 10:24

Well, EVE is a very big game with endless possibilities to chose from. But I recommend trying out a few different things and try them a thoroughly then make a more educated choice from there.
By doing that you learn a lot of the game mechanics along the way. You could try out the "Cross Campus Initiative" for that, or just find something you think looks fun and try it.

If it's just for making isk that's one thing, but there are also lots of possibilities to have fun using the isk too.

For isk making the options include, but not limited to:
Mining
Industry
Marked trading
Missinons
Incursions
Ratting

You can read about all of them on the forum, and E-uni regularly has classes for them. Or feel free to ask bout specific ones.
They all have different rates of how much isk you can potentially earn. Anything from a few million an hour up to more than 100 million pr hour.

You have options to do things that bring in small amounts of isk, but is a lot of fun. Or doing things that is a lot of fun, but also drains your isk down the toilet. :lol:
This is for the most part some form of PVP, luckily we have something called SRP in the Uni witch makes you loose less isk on PVP. :)

As with everything in EVE online you have tons of options and tons of choices and usually there is no right or wrong.
I do a combination of several of the options available to get the most fun out of the game! :D

Here's a image showing a flowchart of a lot of the options you have, and a brief explanation on what it is and how much it requires to do.
https://goo.gl/xjMaqE

And feel free to keep asking questions, and scour the forums for others asking questions bout what to do.
<<

Damien Maken

Portrait

Assistant Events Manager
Assistant Events Manager

Post 2018.07.12 13:39

Completely agree with what's been said above. I do refer you to the following wiki link which is specific to what you can do over at the HSC, https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Highsec_Campus#What_can_I_do_in_the_HSC.3F.

If you haven't yet done the SoE Epic Arc, I highly recommend starting with that if you're a PvE fan. Personally, I don't find the HSC to be the best way to get your feet wet in PvP, so I do recommend making a few trips to the LSC if you'd like to start learning some of that.

Good luck and fly safe!
Damien Maken

Assistant Events Manager

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Kyrrant

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.07.12 17:51

One word of warning. Depending on how much ore and where your route takes you, be very careful of hauling a large amount of compressed ore in a T1 industrial. You might make yourself a juicy gank target

ImageImageImage

AMC Manager
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2018.07.13 13:01

Hi,

Kyrant's remark is important - you will get ganked with a Miasmos full of compressed ore.

There is one way to mitigate the risk - learn to hault with the MWD and cloak trick.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Cargo_Ha ... BCloak_Ore

If you can get a Miasmos fit to work along the lines of the Epithal: Null-sec/WH PI Hauler Epithal fit mentioned below, this makes for a quite safe way of hauling high value cargo through hisec - if flown correctly by an out of corp hauler alt, that is using the cloak trick at all gates and having instadock and -undock bookmarks, especially at tradehubs (mandatory for Jita 4-4).

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Epithal/Fittings

Zoltan
<<

Ernesto Guevarti

Portrait

Post 2018.07.13 13:28

Don't think the most important point has really been made - don't haul on your Uni character, create an OOC (Out of Corp) Hauler for doing this.
Daniel Wittaker wrote:You could have a bright career ahead of you in Goonforums. That's some upvote-quality Helldump posting. Well done, sir.

Return to Player vs Environment