Abyssal Site Drop Breakdown

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Emisune

Portrait

Post 2018.06.10 01:15

Abyssal Site Drop Breakdown

I've had a look around and it doesn't appear that there are any existing resources covering the drops.

I have seen a reply in a Reddit AMA saying all items drop in all tiers and only higher tiers drop more; however I think this applies to just within the drop pool for that site type - i.e. unstable mutas drop in T1s, however there appear to be specific types based on the type (NOT level) of filament.

After talking directly with CCP_Rise, he has confirmed that there are differences in materials dropped from filament types.

SPOILER WARNING!
Emisune_: CCP_Rise, can you confirm if Zero-Point Condensate and Isogen-10 are specific to certain filament types? Or is that something you're not allowed to share?
CCP_Rise: not sure if I want to share, was trying to decide that earlier, hehe
CCP_Rise: I guess I will say, there are differences

I think it'd be useful to compile a list of what drops where. I plan on expanding this as I find more.

I have not noticed a trend with BPCs, skillbooks, modules or clothing but at this time the sample size is far too small to read into.

Dark matter field **
  • Crystalline Isongen-10 drops in this site
  • Zero-Point Condensate does not appear to drop in this site
  • Mutaplasmids: Afterburner, Micro Warpdrive

Electrical storm *
  • Crystalline Isogen-10 does not appear to drop in this site
  • Zero-Point Condensate drops in this site
  • Mutaplasmids: Energy Neutraliser

Exotic particle storm ***
  • Crystalline Isogen-10 does not appear to drop in this site
  • Mutaplasmids: Warp Disruptor, Stasis Webifier

Gamma-ray afterglow ****
  • Crystalline Isogen-10 drops in this site
  • Zero-Point Condensate does not appear to drop in this site
  • Mutaplasmids: Shield Booster, Shield Extender

Plasma firestorm *
  • Crystalline Isogen-10 drops in this site
  • Mutaplasmids: Armour Plate, Armour Repairer

Degree of confidence indicated by *s from lowest to highest.
Last edited by Emisune on 2018.06.12 07:04, edited 5 times in total.
<<

Ramong Pares

Portrait

Post 2018.06.10 11:15

Re: Abyssal Site Drop Breakdown

I did not know that the different sites had different loot tables.
Keep collecting information, and maybe we can update the wiki
<<

Emisune

Portrait

Post 2018.06.12 07:09

From my continued runs and experience from other abyss runners, and after confirmation from a developer that there are differences in abyss material drops between filament types, I think there's a good chance the drop rules are as above.
<<

Narthe Raytei

Portrait

Post 2018.06.12 10:19

Isogen and condensate drops from all sites. I've seen them drop in all sites from tier 1 to tier 4.

The only difference is the mutaplasmids you get.
"The music does not play the musician." Daniel Jackson - Stargate SG1

Nothing to see here
<<

Zeerse Solaris

Portrait

Post 2018.06.12 10:52

I hadn't really thought about it, but theres some logic in those mutation drops e.g. the bonus to speed with Dark gives prop mod mutations.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
<<

Emisune

Portrait

Post 2018.06.13 05:46

Narthe Raytei wrote:Isogen and condensate drops from all sites. I've seen them drop in all sites from tier 1 to tier 4.

The only difference is the mutaplasmids you get.

I've run over 100 gamma (1-4), as well as dozens of exotics (1-3) so far. I've NEVER seen a Gamma drop ZPCs. I have confirmation from a dev that there are AT LEAST differences in the material drops between sites.

That said, if you can provide a screenshot of looting Isogen-10 in a Gamma site that could at least prove that the difference is simply weighting and not absolute rules.
<<

Emisune

Portrait

Post 2018.06.13 16:36

Here's some actual drop data from just under 2hrs of non-stop gamma sites.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5JgWdZ3Z5ow0dr5VZf6OC0353ZzCrnE8e2GWUVE42Y/edit?usp=sharing

I'm in the habit of redocking every 2 filaments to unload loot and pick up fresh, so that's the interval I was logging, but I might just do per-instance tomorrow and get some more data for you.

181 Crystallized Isogen-10, 0 Zero-Point Condensate.

Obviously this is a small sample and I haven't logged the past week of play, but this is the trend I've seen consistently through gammas which makes up the vast majority of the sites I've run.
<<

Emisune

Portrait

Post 2018.06.14 04:04

Huh. Somehow post didn't work - re-posting.

10 more gammas, mix of agi and calm since that's all I have available (stopped buying them since I'm more than sustaining now I run 4/5 site types). Filament run is first entry, blank line, loot per can separated by blank lines, 2 blank lines and next site.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
<<

Emisune

Portrait

Post 2018.06.14 05:58

And here's a sample of 10 Agi Exotics. The difference should be immediately obvious. Not a single piece of Isogen-10, and 117 Zero-Point Condensate.

Again, sample size is not significant, but this has been an ongoing trend over a week. I'll continue recording data, and I'd appreciate if others did the same.
<<

Emisune

Portrait

Post 2018.06.14 15:38

This has not been an optimal data gathering session. 2 Gilas gone, one to my own mistake and one to the server crashing. Data gathered, however, was still consistent.

<<

Zeerse Solaris

Portrait

Post 2018.06.21 14:12

My advice would be to tabulate the results, say with loot types across the top and site types down the side, then you record the min/max number of anything that drops in volume. It's your show though but happy to start recording some data too, I am still grinding the tier 1s and 2s while I do some more training for these.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor

Return to Player vs Environment